Van insurance why is it so expensive?

i was hopeing to start my own scrap collection business get a van go all ligit only 1 thing stopping me is the van insurance i have no ncb on a van i am 36 yrs old no points but im getting qoutes for like 4000 ,5000 pounds icant afford this howmany other people who pickup scfrap are paying this much i mean isit really worth it ??

When you look at the age of some there probably only got insurance for own use. Same as courier and light haulage ridiculous prices then there's goods in transit then public Liability. All adds up. And in your case a waste license. Not cheap.

The fact you dont have any No claims bonus is the major reason you are being quoted silly amounts. Do you have a family member with a lot of years of no claims built up who can register the van in their name and put you on the policy as a named driver. ? Thats how to get round the massive quotes and save a fortune .

The fact you dont have any No claims bonus is the major reason you are being quoted silly amounts. Do you have a family member with a lot of years of no claims built up who can register the van in their name and put you on the policy as a named driver. ? Thats how to get round the massive quotes and save a fortune .

It's also illegal if you're not the main driver, insurance companies aren't daft and got wise to this long ago.

i was hopeing to start my own scrap collection business get a van go all ligit only 1 thing stopping me is the van insurance i have no ncb on a van i am 36 yrs old no points but im getting qoutes for like 4000 ,5000 pounds icant afford this howmany other people who pickup scfrap are paying this much i mean isit really worth it ??

Another thing you need to remember. If you build your ncd on a van you wont be able to use this if you go back to cars:huh:

Its admirable that you're wanting to do this, legitimately, but I'd imagine you'd be put out of business by those doing it illegally.

Archived