Van insurance why is it so expensive?

Another thing you need to remember. If you build your ncd on a van you wont be able to use this if you go back to cars:huh:

Is that true? him indoors bought a van last year and was able to use his NCD from his car insurance for the van insurance quote he got!

How come it doesnt work the other way around?

Have you asked the reason??

I have a LWB Transit Hi-top, which I have to admit is a bit past its use by date, but commercial third party, F+T is about £600. That isn't for waste or scrap carrying though, just my own and customer's goods.

I have a LWB Transit Hi-top, which I have to admit is a bit past its use by date, but commercial third party, F+T is about £600. That isn't for waste or scrap carrying though, just my own and customer's goods.

That seams really cheap for commercial mine is nearly 3 times as much with full ncb.

That seams really cheap for commercial mine is nearly 3 times as much with full ncb.

I'm paying £690 a year on a 2004 lwb 350 transit for carrying my own/customers goods and SDP use with 2 years no claims.

Bikertec I think doing removals is what is pushing your premium up.

Another thing you need to remember. If you build your ncd on a van you wont be able to use this if you go back to cars:huh:

Thats not entirely true although some insurance companies will try the scam on but others will especially if its been combined use.

Thats not entirely true although some insurance companies will try the scam on but others will especially if its been combined use.

Could you please point me in the right direction? I have tried to get insured and use my van ncd on a car. Every single company i asked will not allow my van (commercial) ncd on a car, i have tried loads. I even argued the point on an estate car to no avail?

Another daft thing i found in my case, its cheaper to get fully comp on a van than take out tpff or tp ? Crazy.......

Something about you or the van is pushing the premium up.

I have 2 vehicles - transit with a 25 yr old insured to also drive. £500 per year

Nissan navara and that's only £400.

Both vehicles are fully comp with business use.

I know a cheap van insurance company but I'm not telling anyone or they will all go running to them and their prices will start going up,no sorry anything that involves multi pick up and drop off the insurance company charge a lot to insure you they think that there is a good chance of you leaving the van unlocked or you will back into another car while out delivering I've had no end of arguments with insurance company's...try DNA or covea insurance you will be screw over till you mange to get your NCB up a few years that's for sure, I've got three vans and I don't pay anything like what you have been quoted,as far as I know car NCB is transferable to a van, it does depends on the company who you go to...

Is that true? him indoors bought a van last year and was able to use his NCD from his car insurance for the van insurance quote he got!

How come it doesnt work the other way around?

It does, or it least helps. Ring a broker we use a-plan insurance and have got us a decent deal. Forget about compare the market etc

Archived