Van insurance why is it so expensive?

What if you use your car for your business, (genuine question)

---------- Post added 30-04-2014 at 20:55 ----------

I have just yesterday insured my L200 pickup for commercial use and paid £320 fully comp including legal protection and full RAC cover.:)

Thats fine, the fact is being confused though. Say you drove for a long time on a commercial policy (say you earned maximum years ncb on a commercial policy) While gaining this maximum ncd you only use your L200 and have no other policy. At the end of that 10 years you decide to retire and drive a car for sdp, you cannot transfer any of the last 10 years whatsoever to the car for private use. You cannot transfer your ncb from commercial to a private car policy.

I would probably be doing some work while ever I was able, so I would have to keep the business insurance going.

Just trying to point this out in general phawley as i think someone else in the thread has. It seems the insurance companys have us by the whatsits, seems very unfair.

Archived