Shotgun licences, frozen at £50!!

People who are not very well off would be more likely to hold illegal shotguns with no checks by the police if the price was increased. The wealthy who shoot grouse are not really going to concerned about the cost of it, and anyway if they are earning a lot then they will be paying plenty of tax to keep the police going.

A lower-priced shotgun certificate encourages younger people to take up a healthy outdoor sport. Teaching them respect for guns, respect for the countryside and clay pigeon shooting is a relatively inexpensive sport.

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 19:38 ----------

apart from bank robbers, how many poorer people use shotguns to go hunting and shooting and how many rich people do?

I've no idea? you made the statement.

When I say I've no idea, I do go shooting, and at a clay shoot you meet all sorts, rich, middle and "working class". Mostly they are "working class". Driven grouse shooting is however often very expensive and you are unlikely to meet anyone seriously poor behind a gun, but there aren't many people who do this expensive kind of shooting.

You have a BBC Guardianista view and stereotype.

but the vast majority are............

absolute rubbish, you have no idea what you are on about, i shoot clays and driven birds, for the most part clays are shot by any type of class and as for driven birds its about 50/50 working class and the toffs as you call them:roll:

clays are a very inexpensive way of having fun with a gun, i will admit grouse etc can get expensive but you dont do it every week.

get off your guardianista high horse fella:love:

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 19:52 ----------

How many have you got ab?

:huh: for your info 3, 2 over and under and 1 side by side:cool:

absolute rubbish, you have no idea what you are on about, i shoot clays and driven birds, for the most part clays are shot by any type of class and as for driven birds its about 50/50 working class and the toffs as you call them:roll:

clays are a very inexpensive way of having fun with a gun, i will admit grouse etc can get expensive but you dont do it every week.

Do you use the side by side much? I miss everything with mine, just cant get used to the grip either - silver pigeon all the way :)

inexpensive? id say the most inexpensive shooting is what the vast majority do, shooting with air rifles

No worries ab, still hunting foxes these days as well?

Archived