Shotgun licences, frozen at £50!!

ruddy great news!! and shotguns are not just for the rich and gentry just for your info:roll:

I don't care if they are for the rich or for the poor. That's totally besides the point in my opinion. They should cost what they cost, not a penny less!

inexpensive? id say the most inexpensive shooting is what the vast majority do, shooting with air rifles

We didn't expect you to answer the question or back up the statement.

BTW he didn't say it was the cheapest, he said it was inexpensive - I said it was relatively inexpensive. I admit I didn't qualify what it was relative to.

A decent modern pre charged air rifle will cost not far off a grand once you factor in scopes, bottles and other bits.

which i imagine pales in comparison to a decent shotgun, license etc and as our friends said above "proper shooting" with clays etc?

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 20:09 ----------

We didn't expect you to answer the question or back up the statement.

BTW he didn't say it was the cheapest, he said it was inexpensive - I said it was relatively inexpensive. I admit I didn't qualify what it was relative to.

well it would be inexpensive to other things, such as buying and firing a tank, or flying into space

This is a good point, forget about peoples obsession with class and make it cost what it costs.

What make everyone pay for the policing that each person costs the economy? Really?

What next? Make everyone pay for their own healthcare?

TBH, it wouldn't bother me personally that much if they increased the cost of the shotgun certificate, but it would affect the less well off ordinary people who shoot.

which i imagine pales in comparison to a decent shotgun, license etc and as our friends said above "proper shooting" with clays etc?

Not really, and for hunting purposes you need a good airgun, not so much for shotgun hunting where a sub £200 gun will suffice.

What make everyone pay for the policing that each person costs the economy? Really?

TBH, it wouldn't bother me personally that much if they increased the cost of the shotgun certificate, but it would affect the less well off ordinary people who shoot.

thats exactly what the op was about, starting to charge for things off the NHS such as neck braces etc, yet a shotgun license doesnt budge and doesnt look like it will

im sorry but i know which affects the majority of less off people and which doesmt and indeed which should rise and which shouldnt

I don't think £196 is too much to ask for gun licencing.

There's no justification for subsidising the cost. None what do ever.

Archived