Shotgun licences, frozen at £50!!

I can't imagine that it does cost what they charge for driving licenses.

https://www.gov.uk/driving-licence-fees

It's free on quite a lot of the charges. Nobody does anything for free.

So why are firearms subsidised?

I agree with the point made further up. If it costs the police (the taxpayer) £196 to agree to the issue of a licence then that cost should be passed on to the person wanting the licence or the police should refuse to issue it.

Why should the taxpayer pick up the bill for someone who wants to shoot things? It's your hobby, you pay for it.

And again in English?

I got the first bit.... where are they charging for neck braces? I would need to see under what circumstances? Is it for Bash-Cash cases?

Where are your figures for what you claimed?

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 20:30 ----------

Thanks :) You know what? I'm not that bothered about having them. I have a friend who is very wealthy with a pair of Hollands, but I'm not actually that envious of them - his 458 spider however that's another whole different world of envy :hihi::hihi:

ha ha agreed even if i could afford them i would be frightened to use them in case they got damaged........but the 458 i could abuse that all day long!

Perhaps the cost of policing a shotgun certificate should be altogether free as it keeps control of many guns and protects society from all and sundry having one. Just a thought

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 20:38 ----------

But it hasn't gone up since 2001, 9 years of a Labour government with no increase. Obviously they were well known for love of pleasing the rural population. :hihi:

In fairness, shooting is a fairly big industry. Living in the city it's hard to appreciate. It's probably worth billions to the rural economy. Maybe that is the basis for subsidising the licence.

My dad is working class and held a shotgun licence for years. He taught us to shoot with a fourten from a fairly early age. He was involved in clay pigeon shooting and it was the main hobby for a long time, every weekend. He also had a good mate who was a farmer. My dad did pest control for him for free, rabbits and stuff like that. I spent many a summer evening walking for hours in the fields while my dad picked off rabbit after rabbit. I hated that side of it. It was pretty gruesome. I've hated guns since.

In fairness, shooting is a fairly big industry. Living in the city it's hard to appreciate. It's probably worth billions to the rural economy. Maybe that is the basis for subsidising the licence.

My dad is working class and held a shotgun licence for years. He taught us to shoot with a fourten from a fairly early age. He was involved in clay pigeon shooting and it was the main hobby for a long time, every weekend. He also had a good mate who was a farmer. My dad did pest control for him for free, rabbits and stuff like that. I spent many a summer evening walking for hours in the fields while my dad picked off rabbit after rabbit. I hated that side of it. It was pretty gruesome. I've hated guns since.

Rabbit is tasty. So are some of the crops he was protecting are too.

I've SEEN rabbits caught in snares - a shotgun is much more preferable. Pretty quick death for a small creature.

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 20:57 ----------

ha ha agreed even if i could afford them i would be frightened to use them in case they got damaged........but the 458 i could abuse that all day long!

And you don't shoot any more accurately with an expensive gun, but I appreciate the beauty.

I suppose the same could be said of the 458 (driving obviously - before some little gem picks me up on it), but that's very beautiful too.

Rabbit is tasty. So are some of the crops he was protecting are too.

I've rabbits caught in snares - a shotgun is much more preferable. Pretty quick death for a small creature.

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 20:57 ----------

And you don't shoot any more accurately with an expensive gun, but I appreciate the beauty.

I suppose the same could be said of the 458 (driving obviously - before some little gem picks me up on it), but that's very beautiful too.

There was quite a market for the rabbits he bagged, well the ones shot from distances about 75ft anyway. His mates used to buy him a couple of pints for one.

There was quite a market for the rabbits he bagged, well the ones shot from distances about 75ft anyway. His mates used to buy him a couple of pints for one.

You wouldn't get a couple of pints for one now - maybe 1/4 pint :(

but the vast majority are............

You don't know that, show some proof, don't just talk waffle for something to do and make yourself look good.

I imagine the vast majority are farm workers and the likes to keep the wood pigeons off the crops or clay shooters on a weekend which isn't that expensive.

You don't know that, show some proof, don't just talk waffle for something to do and make yourself look good.

I imagine the vast majority are farm workers and the likes to keep the wood pigeons off the crops or clay shooters on a weekend which isn't that expensive.

He's run away :hihi:

Archived