USA botches execution

There wasn't as much squirty blood as when the axeman executioner carried the job, especially when he needed more than one blow to lop the head off.

Careful, we don't want to over excite to much.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that convicts that are given the death penalty should be executed in exactly the same manner as their victim(s)

You are therefore morally degenerate and should probably consult a doctor or a priest.

You are therefore morally degenerate and should probably consult a doctor or a priest.

Hmmm, i sort of agree slightly with him actually.

Did you see the story about that lad that raped his nephew, he was sent to prison and when the other prisoners heard what he did he was then raped himself, taken to hospital, stitched up and then raped again by the same 20 prisoners......

Hmmm, i sort of agree slightly with him actually.

Did you see the story about that lad that raped his nephew, he was sent to prison and when the other prisoners heard what he did he was then raped himself, taken to hospital, stitched up and then raped again by the same 20 prisoners......

No, I didn't. What worries me about such stories is that there seem to be people who actually enjoy the idea of such appalling violence and brutality.

Carrying out acts of cruelty, extreme and sexual violence, torture, dismemberment, poisoning and the like is wrong. People who enjoy such acts are very sick individuals.

The state should have no part in behaving like the people it wants to punish.

No, I didn't. What worries me about such stories is that there seem to be people who actually enjoy the idea of such appalling violence and brutality.

Carrying out acts of cruelty, extreme and sexual violence, torture, dismemberment, poisoning and the like is wrong. People who enjoy such acts are very sick individuals.

The state should have no part in behaving like the people it wants to punish.

and maybe if the punishment fitted the crime there would be less of it, a good portion of offenders would think twice before committing a crime, we have absolutely no deterrent now............not helped by handwringing do good see good in everyone views:roll:

and maybe if the punishment fitted the crime there would be less of it, a good portion of offenders would think twice before committing a crime, we have absolutely no deterrent now............not helped by handwringing do good see good in everyone views:roll:

I would be more convinced by your argument when you PROVE to me that the death penalty IS a deterrent!

Don't hold your breath whilst you're looking for proof because there isn't any! The FACTS prove the opposite!

Call it hand wringing if you want to...call it anything you like...it's just that I prefer to retain my human decency and steer as far away from barbarism as I can!

The USA has the death penalty but even so it has a murder rate that makes our look insignificant.Does not seem to be working as a deterrent there does it .

I would be more convinced by your argument when you PROVE to me that the death penalty IS a deterrent!

Don't hold your breath whilst you're looking for proof because there isn't any! The FACTS prove the opposite!

Call it hand wringing if you want to...call it anything you like...it's just that I prefer to retain my human decency and steer as far away from barbarism as I can!

no you are right i cant prove it, but victims families, many people and i would feel a damn sight more satisfaction that the perpetrator of vile crimes suffered as his/her victims did, sometimes human decency as you call it is not needed for these sickos and would i pull the trigger or the lever to end their lives? yes no question and if that makes me barbaric.........hey i dont care

There's absolutely nothing wrong with me. I have a high state of morals.

I just have the ability to remove all emotion & ignore them if the task requires it.

If there were more like me, this country and possibly even the world wouldn't be in the abysmal state it is, controlled by namby-pamby liberals.

I'm all for true equality amongst all humans but due to human nature it will never be possible.

no you are right i cant prove it, but victims families, many people and i would feel a damn sight more satisfaction that the perpetrator of vile crimes suffered as his/her victims did, sometimes human decency as you call it is not needed for these sickos and would i pull the trigger or the lever to end their lives? yes no question and if that makes me barbaric.........hey i dont care

As I said...I would rather retain my humanity!

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 18:08 ----------

There's absolutely nothing wrong with me. I have a high state of morals.

I just have the ability to remove all emotion & ignore them if the task requires it.

If there were more like me, this country and possibly even the world wouldn't be in the abysmal state it is, controlled by namby-pamby liberals.

I'm all for true equality amongst all humans but due to human nature it will never be possible.

I'm sorry but if you truly believe the world is run by "namby pamby liberals" you have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the road to understanding.

I'm not having a go at you here and I mean no offence but really...you are very wide of the truth!

Archived