Time to boycott Subway i think?

So is there anyone here (who is acually a current user of subway) who will now boycott it and eat elsewhere because of this story?

Presumably they have made a business choice that they will get more business this way, even taking into account the impact of customers who will now choose elsewhere?

So is there anyone here (who is acually a current user of subway) who will now boycott it and eat elsewhere because of this story?

I am not a Subway user but after all this publicity I might just give it a try and see what all the fuss is about.

I only occasionally have Subway, but might make an exception and go and buy something with bacon in today just for the hell of it.

Presumably they have made a business choice that they will get more business this way, even taking into account the impact of customers who will now choose elsewhere?

Yup, back in 2007. For seven years the boycotters have unwittingly been supporting an organisation which sells halal foods. :hihi:

Its 200 out of 1800 stores and has been said its probably franchisees who have a large customer base who are muslim. If they have a notice in the window saying Halal meat, then that gives you a chance to go elsewhere? Seems to be more a commercial decision than anything else(pointed out already).

Tbh would you really be going to a subway for the best bacon sandwich? I'd always prefer a traditional sandwich shop where you can see whose buying and what the quality of sandwiches is that they provide.

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 13:14 ----------

From out of Acorns .....It seems as though the Ostrich is not the only animal that likes to bury its head in the sand

So is this meant to be some cryptic warning about the danger of the spreading of the turkey rasher?

They are businesses, as long as its legal they can do what they like.

You as a customer can do what you like and go elsewhere.

Are you a regular subway customer Mizsterjones?

Will you boycott the chain, even the ones who havent gone halal?

I couldnt care whether they all went halal. Perhaps far from sticking our heads in the sand, then people arent bothered enough about a sandwich chain they never use. If people are concerned enough then customers will go elsehwere and they will go out of business.

Tbh would you really be going to a subway for the best bacon sandwich?

Typical cop out stance that!

I personally don't care whether the meat I'm chewing on was Halal slaughtered or not, but having British staple favourites such as sausages and bacon not included or taken away from food establishments just because they are "haram" to Muslims is something different.

I've only ever been in one subway and that was in Boro on a Sunday during a festival

hated the 501 questions about how I wanted it, just give me a bloody sandwich fgs

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 13:20 ----------

Typical cop out stance that!

I personally don't care whether the meat I'm chewing on was Halal slaughtered or not, but having British staple favourites such as sausages and bacon not included or taken away from food establishments just because they are "haram" to Muslims is something different.

and you just happen to want to go to the one that doesn't? surprising :roll:

even tho one up the road might

Archived