Checkouts licking their fingers..

there is a fortune to be made by anyone who invents a machine that automatically opens plastic carriers. it's hardly rocket science. come on inventors.

All you have to do when in the shop is open a jar of jam, dip 2 fingers in, then when you get to the till the bags will be easy to open.

Years ago it was common practice for sales assistants to blow into paper bags to open them before putting food inside. I'm not sure which method of getting someones sputum or spit on my food I prefer but I doubt it's ever done me any harm tbh.

Suppose its not good from the cashiers point of view either, handling all the mucky money that other people have handled (especially mucky people or people who have been to the loo without washing their hands) and then licking their fingers! :gag:

When you think about all the germs spread on your food items by assistants handling money ( whether in food shops or checkouts ) I shouldn't think it makes much difference.

Indeed, just imagine what's on those grubby fivers ;)

Id be more worried about the cockroaches that roam all over the bags rather than a cashier using their fingers to open them.

They adore the cardboard boxes the plastic bags are stored in

I always kept sanitizer in my uniform and baby wipes near my till to keep my hands a bit better (especially after handling raw chicken and pork and it leaking through the packaging)

Id be more worried about the cockroaches that roam all over the bags rather than a cashier using their fingers to open them.

They adore the cardboard boxes the plastic bags are stored in

I always kept sanitizer in my uniform and baby wipes near my till to keep my hands a bit better (especially after handling raw chicken and pork and it leaking through the packaging)

So do I! I also have a little pot with a damp cloth in to wet my fingers instead of licking them.

Archived