Catastrophe with faulty baked bean can! Beware!

I wonder if any of those with a keen eye may be able to discern a fundamental design fault with the image on this photograph?

No? … well look again very carefully … see it now?

The baked bean tin manufacturers have only gone and put the ring-pull on the bottom of the can! :o

Fortunately, I noticed it whilst in the preliminary stages of making a top quality meal … beans on Marmite covered toast, and was able to photograph it in all it's malformed hideousness.

Fearing the worst case scenario, whereby the beans may fall onto the newly washed lino kitchen floor, I opted (with trepidation) to open the can in the relative safety of the lounge.

Holding the can perfectly upright, I gingerly teased open the bottom of the can betwixt thumb and forefinger and … disaster!

The baked beans tumbled downward (by virtue of gravity) onto my brand new lounge carpet!

Although shocked beyond comprehension, I managed to grab my camera, and with a look on my face of shock, horror and consternation, managed to take this picture as the tomato sauce sank into and ravaged the recently installed 75% wool,35% polyester, 3 ply woven masterpiece!

Of course, not only is the carpet wrecked ... upon salvaging the beans with a hastily procured spatula from the kitchen drawer department, they are now totally inedible due to contamination of fibres of the 75% wool, 35% polyester variety.

Literally hundreds of thousand of pounds worth of damage as the carpet is nailed and glued to the floor, which in turn is cemented into the walls … the house needs demolishing to effect a repair … all due to a mal-manufactured baked bean can! Who'd have thought it!?

Anyway, the point is dear reader, to prevent a similar catastrophe in your house, inspect your baked bean cans very carefully before opening … indeed, I'd suspect ANY can with the ring-pull design, including fruit.

If in doubt … open in your garden (or next-door's if no-one's looking).

In the meantime, Messrs Sainsbury's (if they're reading) can expect a bill for a new Area 51 and a half. :rant:

Has anyone else sustained massive damage from faulty goods? :huh:

I wonder if any of those with a keen eye may be able to discern a fundamental design fault with the image on this photograph?

The baked bean tin manufacturers have only gone and put the ring-pull on the bottom of the can! :o

Fortunately, I noticed it whilst in the preliminary stages of making a top quality meal … beans on Marmite covered toast, and was able to photograph it in all it's malformed hideousness.

Fearing the worst case scenario, whereby the beans may fall onto the newly washed lino kitchen floor, I opted (with trepidation) to open the can in the relative safety of the lounge.

Holding the can perfectly upright, I gingerly teased open the bottom of the can betwixt thumb and forefinger and … disaster!

The baked beans tumbled downward (by virtue of gravity) onto my brand new lounge carpet!

Although shocked beyond comprehension, I managed to grab my camera, and with a look on my face of shock, horror and consternation, managed to take this picture as the tomato sauce sank into and ravaged the recently installed 75% wool,35% polyester, 3 ply woven masterpiece!

Of course, not only is the carpet wrecked ... upon salvaging the beans with a hastily procured spatula from the kitchen drawer department, they are now totally inedible due to contamination of fibres of the 75% wool, 35% polyester variety.

Literally hundreds of thousand of pounds worth of damage as the carpet is nailed and glued to the floor, which in turn is cemented into the walls … the house needs demolishing to effect a repair … all due to a mal-manufactured baked bean can! Who'd have thought it!?

Anyway, the point is dear reader, to prevent a similar catastrophe in your house, inspect your baked bean cans very carefully before opening … indeed, I'd suspect ANY can with the ring-pull design, including fruit.

In the meantime, Messrs Sainsbury's (if they're reading) can expect a bill for a new Area 51 and a half. :rant:

the gods must be on holiday and the devil popped the label on upside down? or too easy an explanation?

Anyone with at least one brain cell would have used a tin opener on the other end:suspect:

If I had a tin opener I wouldn't buy ring pull cans would I? ... I'm not stupid!

I love you, I genuinely do.

Archived