Farage hit by egg

An egg is a dangerous weapon. Fragments of the shell can damage eyesight. Many documented cases of it happening. You are wrong to advocate throwing them at people.

I have not advocated throwing anything at anyone. I have merely observed that the throwing of the odd egg at the odd obnoxious public figure is a British tradition which I would be sad to see stamped out.It's not quite the same thing.

Let's see the 'many documented cases' of people's sight being damaged by eggshell, then.

I realise it was only one person, but you seem to think this is acceptable behaviour, so what I'm questioning is if it would still be considered acceptable behaviour if people started throwing eggs or spitting at you because they don't like your political beliefs?

Let me make it quite clear.....Attacking someone with an egg just because you disagree with their political or religious beliefs is NOT acceptable behaviour.

If you don't like what Farage has to say try and win the argument by debate and through the ballot box.....That's the grown up way of doing things.

Regards

Doom

It is all rather childish.

Regards

Turtles

I realise it was only one person, but you seem to think this is acceptable behaviour, so what I'm questioning is if it would still be considered acceptable behaviour if people started throwing eggs or spitting at you because they don't like your political beliefs?

Let me make it quite clear.....Attacking someone with an egg just because you disagree with their political or religious beliefs is NOT acceptable behaviour.

If you don't like what Farage has to say try and win the argument by debate and through the ballot box.....That's the grown up way of doing things.

Regards

Doom

I have answered all your points already. Please read what I have put. (And answer my request for a link, please).

I have answered all your points already. Please read what I have put. (And answer my request for a link, please).

What request for a link?

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 12:06 ----------

It is all rather childish.

Regards

Turtles

It certainly is childish and it says more about the guy who did it and those who support his actions than it does about Nigel Farage.

Regards

Doom

What request for a link?

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 12:06 ----------

It certainly is childish and it says more about the guy who did it and those who support his actions than it does about Nigel Farage.

Regards

Doom

Totally agree with you there.

Regards

Turtles

All this puts me in mind of when that country bumpkin mullet head chucked an egg at John Prescott & Prescott gave him a left hook. Good for Prescott is what I say.

I don't like Farage's politics but throwing eggs at politicians is a silly form of protest and won't change anything....In fact it'll just heighten Farage and UKIP's paranoid delusions

I have not advocated throwing anything at anyone. I have merely observed that the throwing of the odd egg at the odd obnoxious public figure is a British tradition which I would be sad to see stamped out.It's not quite the same thing.

Let's see the 'many documented cases' of people's sight being damaged by eggshell, then.

If you don't want to see it stamped then you must want the egg throwing to continue. For that to happen people must throw eggs at other people.

As I said it's dangerous.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/judgement-reserved-in-case-of-woman-blinded-after-egging-from-car-29719262.html

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/carer-nearly-blinded-egg-attack-6756688

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/halloween-egg-attack-nearly-blinded-6003106

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sunderland-schoolgirl-left-blinded-after-egg-was-thrown-in-her-face-during-stupid-prank-1-3782031

No I don't believe that physical assaults are a valid way of protest, I believe debate and elections are the proper way forward.

Throwing an egg is an assault and as far as I'm concerned Prescott had every right to defend himself....Prescott wouldn't have punched the guy had he not been assaulted in the first place.

As I said above, the guy in question would soon be squealing if people started randomly throwing eggs at him everywhere he goes.

How would you like it if people started throwing eggs at you because they didn't like you or your views or spat in your face?

It's childish and could be dangerous.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 02-05-2014 at 08:22 ----------

It seems that way.

Hopefully this action will persuade some of those who were undecided to go out and vote UKIP now.

Regards

Doom

I think it may just make people vote for UKIP.

It's the same regarding the Scottish independence referendum. The Libs/Lab/Tories telling the Scots independence will bring doom and gloom.What happened? The "yes" vote has increased in the surveys.

All this puts me in mind of when that country bumpkin mullet head chucked an egg at John Prescott & Prescott gave him a left hook. Good for Prescott is what I say.

I don't like Farage's politics but throwing eggs at politicians is a silly form of protest and won't change anything....In fact it'll just heighten Farage and UKIP's paranoid delusions

Exactly. It takes a lot to make Prescott look sympathetic but that guy managed it.

This will only do good for UKIP & Farage. Wonder if Farage had planned it himself:o

Archived