Debit card forced refund

Evening

Recently I bought an item outside of eBay. Like a fool I paid via pay pal GIFT. The seller offered me more discount doing it this way which was too tempting.

However the item is not fit for purpose. I've asked him for a refund but reckons he's already spent the cash.

Text him a couple of times but that seems to have broken down. Joined a local forum for the said item and flushed him out that way (he's got abit of a bad rep)

One if the forum members suggested asking my bank to force refund the money.

Can this be done?

Is he a business?

You paid him as a gift..... at that stage you put yourself beyond paypal protection and its just like giving cash to a complete stranger.

How do you know he offered it in good faith?

The only thing you could do is sue him or at least start proceedings against him.

Is he a business?

You paid him as a gift..... at that stage you put yourself beyond paypal protection and its just like giving cash to a complete stranger.

How do you know he offered it in good faith?

The only thing you could do is sue him or at least start proceedings against him.

It was in good faith as he seemed a decent bloke.

It's ok now as we've sorted it.

Archived