VAGCOM VCDS in Sheffield or Rotherham??

Dealers can do it, but i doubt they would as its a safety feature

i dont have any bulb out errors, just the leds flash every time i turn ignition on, well ignore the xenon without shutters, just turning cold check off, seatbelt chime off, and the one touch unlock is when you press unlock once and all doors open, i find it annoying only driver door opening..i'll message you now mg16

Hi, if you press unlock twice quickly in succession all doors open! I will give you a shout as soon as I can.

---------- Post added 04-05-2014 at 20:30 ----------

So when my dealer told me it was impossible to kill the seat belt chime on my Volvo (850, so long time ago) he was lying?

nope he was telling the truth, Volvo you cannot do it, well you can but it would stop your airbags going off in an accident! as it required resistors in the belt clip. not a good idea! best way was to get to the piezo sounder embedded in the dash and cut the wires!

the one on gumtree is a clone, and locks up the minute you try and update it, (please use the disc provided lets you know its never going past release 11.11.3) personally I wouldn't use something that could potentially corrupt the whole ecu and/or the module you are interrogating and with no back up support to help you, you are potentially looking at a big bill!. I have the genuine vcds which I have used on a daily basis and is an awesome tool currently on release 12.12.2

Yes you cant update it but it will do all the thing he wants with the updates, since his car is not new new the copy version is more then enough

nope he was telling the truth, Volvo you cannot do it, well you can but it would stop your airbags going off in an accident! as it required resistors in the belt clip. not a good idea! best way was to get to the piezo sounder embedded in the dash and cut the wires!

Only thing I hate about my Volvo, it keeps telling me I am doing it wrong when I know I am not!

Yes you cant update it but it will do all the thing he wants with the updates, since his car is not new new the copy version is more then enough

its up to the individual tbh, I personally would not allow a cloned untested device being plugged into my vehicle. £40 for pirated/cracked software and low rent usb to eobd leads is not to be trusted in my book.

---------- Post added 04-05-2014 at 22:59 ----------

Only thing I hate about my Volvo, it keeps telling me I am doing it wrong when I know I am not!

not to mention the daytime lights everyone used to hark on about on Volvos there was no option to switch them off in the daytime, now its standard practice across most manufacturers (drls) as they are known.

Archived