Won't somebody please think of the children?

Many of us are increasingly fed up with subsidising scroungers. I'd like nothing more than to reduce handouts to the chronically unemployed to the bare minimum they need to survive. The problem is that I can never actually bring myself to advocate for it because I don't want their children to suffer along with them. Any ideas anybody?

I've considered various things.

1. License people to have children. Makes me rather uneasy as I'm not sure how you would enforce it and I can't help feeling that the right to reproduce is a fundamental human right.

2. Take away the children of those who can't support them and have them raised by somebody less useless. Sounds a little better but are there enough people out there willing to take on the children of the feckless? Even if there were I'm not sure I could live with this.

3. Extra benefits people get for having children could be paid using vouchers that can only be spent directly on the children. This one I have hope for. Black market problems I suppose, but still.

I'm genuinely asking. I desperately want the working poor to enjoy a substantially higher standing of living than the unemployed. I also want those who have gone to the trouble of training for something above minimum wage to be substantially better off than those who have not. I just want to make sure that I'm not making the children suffer along with their parents.

Maybe all children from these families should receive private education with the hope that being well educated will give them the chance to improve their lives and break the cycle they were born into

I'd go further.

I'd license people to have access to the internet:rolleyes:

I'm sure you would.

How about we go further still. Anybody expressing an opinion which is obviously wrong should be appropriately punished. We could call is something catchy like "Thought Crime".

I'm sure you would.

How about we go further still. Anybody expressing an opinion which is obviously wrong should be appropriately punished. We could call is something catchy like "Thought Crime".

The very irony of a fascist using "Thought Crime" as an insult.:rolleyes:

You might wish to revisit post *1 of this very thread, before coming the libertarian.

The very irony of a fascist using "Thought Crime" as an insult.:rolleyes:

You might wish to revisit post *1 of this very thread, before coming the libertarian.

Have you read it?

I'm certainly not telling anybody they're not entitled to their opinion. So far you're the only one who has done that.

Have you even read 1984? Or looked up the word fascist?

Have you read it?

I'm certainly not telling anybody they're not entitled to their opinion. So far you're the only one who has done that.

Have you even read 1984? Or looked up the word fascist?

Yes. No. Yes. Yes.

In that order.

Now, be a good chap and tell us why you are so angry about everything.

Yes. No, Yes, Yes.

In that order.

Now, be a good chap and tell us why you are so angry about everything.

Can you please respect unbeliever's s thread topic and keep on point. Thank you.

Can you please respect unbeliever's s thread topic and keep on point. Thank you.

I've just answered all of his questions. What does your post have to do with the thread?

Back on topic. I find the pejorative use of the term "scrounger" rather offensive.

Archived