Won't somebody please think of the children?

I was asking John Habs questions, how can I be wrong?

"Have you any evidence that these women were single? Or claiming benefits? And was there age important to either of these questions? "

He hasn't answered that I can see.

I take it you didn't look at the picture.

It's corporation tax we're talking about, since that's the primary tax that corporations pay and the only one they pay based on profit.

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 11:04 ----------

I take it you didn't look at the picture.

I did. Was it meant to be a joke?

It's corporation tax we're talking about, since that's the primary tax that corporations pay and the only one they pay based on profit.

Fair enough. It'd be I think 21% of their profits.

They are of course still paying other taxes such as employers' NI contributions.

This is tax avoidance rather than evasion and it's a system deliberately put in place to attract businesses to the UK. I'm guessing they're based in the isle of man?

We could always close the loop hole, but then they'd probably go somewhere else and would therefore be employing fewer people in the UK.

Business profits always get taxed anyway, as they eventually show up as somebody's income and get hit with NI and income tax. Not sure I see the need for a separate business profits tax anyway.

Archived