Won't somebody please think of the children?

If you think the vast majority of taxes is spent on out of work benefits for people with children then at least provide some proof.

Also. I didn't say the vast majority of taxes was spent in that way.

A large fraction of taxes are spent on either handouts or services for those who have children and could not pay for them themselves.

I really don't hate them. I don't like people having kids in order to get free money. It's not good for the kids and somebody else has to work harder to support that family.

Don't people have a moral obligation to pay their own way?

Shouldn't people think twice about having children they can't support?

If somebody deliberately has children in order to claim extra benefits for themselves, is that okay with you?

When i found myself temporarily on benefits a greater percentage/proportion of our income went on the kids, we took the brunt as you should. Given that, i don't see your argument.

I really don't hate them. I don't like people having kids in order to get free money. It's not good for the kids and somebody else has to work harder to support that family.

Don't people have a moral obligation to pay their own way?

Shouldn't people think twice about having children they can't support?

If somebody deliberately has children in order to claim extra benefits for themselves, is that okay with you?

You have a degree in a science based subject. You'll no doubt believe in the importance of evidence.

Let's wind it back to your OP. So we can fully understand your arguments provide some evidence of the scale of the problem.

What an hateful person you are. :help:

Hateful for wanting the children to have a better start than their parents obviously did? I had a child at 19, and I claimed JSA/HB for a good 6 months after - but then I went back to work, as did my partner at the time, and we made do with our low incomes. Some people these days (that was 13 years ago) stay on handouts for as long as they like, and the children then grow up with the idea that this is an acceptable way to live. It's not.

When i found myself temporarily on benefits a greater percentage/proportion of our income went on the kids, we took the brunt as you should. Given that, i don't see your argument.

We all know that a poor parent is not a bad parent.

You have a degree in a science based subject. You'll no doubt believe in the importance of evidence.

Let's wind it back to your OP. So we can fully understand your arguments provide some evidence of the scale of the problem.

If you insist.

My original plan was just to get insulted a lot.

I genuinely applaud you for doing the right thing and working your way out of that situation. You would have had the option to sit on the benefits and enjoy a decent lifestyle without contributing. Instead you got yourself back into work and you're not only contributing to society, but also trying to make a better life for your kids.

Not everybody has your conscience.

Having been through that, perhaps you have a suggestion about how we could deter people from having kids just for the benefits without making things harder for families who go through struggles as yours did.

I genuinely applaud you for doing the right thing and working your way out of that situation. You would have had the option to sit on the benefits and enjoy a decent lifestyle without contributing. Instead you got yourself back into work and you're not only contributing to society, but also trying to make a better life for your kids.

Not everybody has your conscience.

Having been through that, perhaps you have a suggestion about how we could deter people from having kids just for the benefits without making things harder for families who go through struggles as yours did.

How many people do this? And how much does it cost? Where is the evidence?

Archived