Sheffield Midland Station, turn table.

• 9 years later...
On 06/05/2014 at 14:04, johnme said:

i worked in the south No1 signal box which controlled the fish dock sidings that housed the turntable. i had photos but over the years have lost them

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 14:22 ----------

40 years of sheffield power signal box . try looking up this book it shows lots of old signal boxes around sheffield. i know theres pics of the south No1 box but dont know if it shows fish dock ect

I worked at that box but probably well before you were there. I was there in 1963

• 1 year later...

There are photos of the turntable on the internet, which I remember very well as a youngster, I was very lucky enough to be allowed on the footplate as a young lad, my dad worked for BR he managed to get me that turnaround on a steam engine, way back in the 50s, if you do a search for the turntable for the Midland Station in Sheffield, you'll find a few,  some happy memories for myself, good luck.  

12 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Very nice pictures ...thanks 📸 

This is perhaps the best photo that I managed to take with the simple, point-and-shoot camera - 45273 on 18 September 1965.

45273 18 September 1965.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hillsbro said:

This is perhaps the best photo that I managed to take with the simple, point-and-shoot camera - 45273 on 18 September 1965.

45273 18 September 1965.jpg

Sadly I never managed photos that sharp on my Brownie 127 , Philip 🙄