UKIP Candidate says Homosexuals more likely to be child abusers

Anyhow, we are deviating from the OP. Maybe we should get back on subject and debate other issues that are not related to this homophobic comment on the other UKIP thread.

As for the comment. Although appalling, I am not surprised by it. I mean, it's not like it's a one off.

You are right. The religious are consistently homophobic and sexist in their beliefs. Just not sure what it has to do with UKIP?

You are right. The religious are consistently homophobic and sexist in their beliefs. Just not sure what it has to do with UKIP?

I think that is something that many people over look, religious beliefs will overlap or conflict with their political beliefs.

The danger with taking newspapers as being fact is that much of the quoting is very selective and doesn't take into account the whole debate/conversation that's taken place.

Selective quoting can often change the context of what exactly has been said.

When you get a headline in The Telegraph that 'Farage bottles it' because he didn't challenge for the Newark bye-election, I think it's quite clear where the loyalties of The Telegraph lie.

Regards

Doom

When you get a headline in The Telegraph that 'Farage bottles it' because he didn't challenge for the Newark bye-election, I think it's quite clear where the loyalties of The Telegraph lie.

The Barclays brothers, owners of the Telegraph, have been paying for medical care for Farage after he hurt his back in the helicopter crash in 2010. They also hosted his 50th birthday party in their Ritz hotel.

I think it's quite clear where the loyalties of The Telegraph lie

The Barclays brothers, owners of the Telegraph, have been paying for medical care for Farage after he hurt his back in the helicopter crash in 2010. They also hosted his 50th birthday party in their Ritz hotel.

I think it's quite clear where the loyalties of The Telegraph lie

A headline of:

'Nigel Farage 'bottles it' by not contesting the Newark by-election'

Suggests otherwise.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10797659/Nigel-Farage-bottles-it-by-not-contesting-the-Newark-by-election.html

If they supported Farage the headline would have been much more favourable, because he certainly didn't 'bottle it'.

Regards

Doom

Generalising much?

Nope.

Certainly not a generalisation for the main religions we find in this country. Which don't have sexist or homophobic beliefs or practices?

The danger with taking newspapers as being fact is that much of the quoting is very selective and doesn't take into account the whole debate/conversation that's taken place.

Selective quoting can often change the context of what exactly has been said.

Regards

Doom

You don't have to make excuses for UKIP, you know :)

How can homophobic and/or racist comments be taken out of context?

The Lenny Henry comment for example.

A partly quoted article of 'UKIP member tells Lenny Henry to get back to black country' doesn't sound particularly good.

If you expand the whole debate and find that Lenny Henry has been moaning about the lack of black people employed in a particular area, a comment such as - 'If he wants more black people around him, why doesn't he go to a country where more black people live' puts a slightly different slant on things.

I can't remember exactly what was said, but I do recall not finding it anything like as offensive when I found out a little more about the whole debate.

If I lived in an area of Spain where a lot of Yorkshire folks lived and I complained that Yorkshire accents weren't represented enough where I was working. I don't think it would be unreasonable for someone to tell me - 'If you want to hear more Yorkshire accents, go back to Yorkshire'.

Now if a newspaper article was to state - 'Spanish boss tells employee to go back home to Yorkshire' - That wouldn't sound too good, but it doesn't take into account the whole conversation/debate.

Selective quoting often changes the context.

Regards

Doom

Archived