UKIP Candidate says Homosexuals more likely to be child abusers

Why?

If one class of school children are performing poorly, but have equal opportunity to do well as any other class in that school, should there not be some effort expended to find out why they are performing poorly and to try and solve those issues?

If we are talking about one class then there might be a reason for poor performance or the lack of interest. But we are talking far more generally. We are talking about two genders who were mixed up in all those classes and any localised issues will average out. This means there are either barriers to females entering the profession or women (in general) are not as interested.

To try and manipulate gender breakdown stats to meet equality targets is stupid and sexist. we need to tackle discrimination not practice new versions.

It is unlikely that 1 in 10 is gay. I would say more likely the 1.5% but max 5%.

Even if it were 10% the stats still say gay people are more likely to be paedos

What stats are these?

Those in post 81

You mean this?

Assuming that is a good indicator, it is 1 in 4 girls, and 1 in 6 boys apparently. Most child abusers are men but only about 1.5% of men are gay, so assuming the boys are abused by gay men and not straight men it would make gay men more likely to be child abusers, I think this is the flawed logic that is used to come to the conclusion that gay men are more likely to be child abusers.

Are you serious?

Those in post 81

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 19:10 ----------

Those in post 81

This is post 81 by ivavana:

"Assuming that is a good indicator, it is 1 in 4 girls, and 1 in 6 boys apparently. Most child abusers are men but only about 1.5% of men are gay, so assuming the boys are abused by gay men and not straight men it would make gay men more likely to be child abusers, I think this is the flawed logic that is used to come to the conclusion that gay men are more likely to be child abusers. "

You're basing your assertion on this??

This is post 81 by ivavana:

"Assuming that is a good indicator, it is 1 in 4 girls, and 1 in 6 boys apparently. Most child abusers are men but only about 1.5% of men are gay, so assuming the boys are abused by gay men and not straight men it would make gay men more likely to be child abusers, I think this is the flawed logic that is used to come to the conclusion that gay men are more likely to be child abusers. "

You're basing your assertion on this??

Hang on.... I've read some other stuff somewhere also..... I'll go fetch...

Hang on.... I've read some other stuff somewhere also..... I'll go fetch...

A stat that is probably correct (I say probably because I don't actually know) is that most child sexual abuse victims are female, which would surely rule out gay men.

A stat that is probably correct (I say probably because I don't actually know) is that most child sexual abuse victims are female, which would surely rule out gay men.

Can't find it easily/ can't be bothered right now.

Your guess is probably correct.

I read something like 40% of victims were male victims of males and that 1.5% of males were gay in the population so by definition of the stats a higher proportion of homosexuals were paedophiles.

I don't know if it's true or not. I don't think my friends gay or straight are paedos so I'm happy about that

Can't find it easily/ can't be bothered right now.

Your guess is probably correct.

I read something like 40% of victims were male victims of males and that 1.5% of males were gay in the population so by definition of the stats a higher proportion of homosexuals were paedophiles.

I don't know if it's true or not. I don't think my friends gay or straight are paedos so I'm happy about that

It's a dangerous and incorrect assumption to make that paedophiles of either sex are exclusively attracted to children of the same sex.

Archived