Facebook being used as propaganda for the stupid!

I also spend most my time on Facebook giving people links to Snopes to show them they are wrong and telling people to check links before sharing. When that plane went missing a lot of people were sharing links saying "Plane Found" when it was a video of another plane.

What you describe is exactly why I left Facebook over a year ago and haven't looked back. Far to intrusive and far to many idiots. I tried deleting the offending individuals and then they'd come up to me in public and ask why I've deleted them, Awkward.

I still hear from friends of mine who are on Facebook that other people are discussing me online and my relationship etc etc and I am not even on there it drives me mad.

They are indeed irritating (as most adverts/pop-ups are), but there is no obligation to read them, is there?They are presumably what is funding fb and making huge profits for it. If you don't like it, close your account and tell fb why.

Then just talk to your friends in the old-fashioned way! Tell them you think they're idiots.

I didn't mention adverts once so I don't know where you're coming from!?

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:56 ----------

Doesn't that happen in normal everyday life though, bloke says something to his mates in the pub and it will inevitably be passed on to others even though it might be untrue.

No, because if a bloke said something stupid to me, I'd laugh and walk away. Someone says something stupid on Facebook and it reaches 100's of people at the same time.

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:59 ----------

Oddly enough, my Farcebook (and even more so for my Twitterfeed) is choc full of anti-UKIP stuff at the moment. Maybe it's just the company I prefer to keep?

Most of my feed is music links, which I don't mind, but unfortunately because I use FB as a business tool as well, I get a lot of crap from people I hardly know.

I didn't mention adverts once so I don't know where you're coming from!?

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:56 ----------

No, because if a bloke said something stupid to me, I'd laugh and walk away. Someone says something stupid on Facebook and it reaches 100's of people at the same time.

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:59 ----------

Most of my feed is music links, which I don't mind, but unfortunately because I use FB as a business tool as well, I get a lot of crap from people I hardly know.

thats why there is a choice to hide or unfollow, so you are still on the friends list bit not getting notifications from them

thats why there is a choice to hide or unfollow, so you are still on the friends list bit not getting notifications from them

I have done it with some, but it would take ages to do it with them all. I've got over 3k "friends".

Anyway, the pages still exist and are still spreading hate, which is what worries me most.

And they can all laugh and walk away, the reality though is that not everyone will think what was said is stupid, whether it is said in the pub or on Facebook.

Archived