Why can't we all just say and think what we want

There have been some very revealing responses here, as a number of the usual left wing trolls have used this thread to launch personal attacks on me rather than discuss the point I’m making.

CPC464, bonzo77 and skinz have resorted to name calling, Mister M has made threats of physical violence, Halibut even states in his signature that he wants to murder people who disagree with him!

And yet I would freely defend their right to say what they want no matter how clihdish, naïve or offensive they may come across. It just shows how twisted some people can be that a thread suggesting that all of us should be free to say what we think gets condemned as designed to”sow division and hatred” when the intention is completely the opposite.

What's the matter pussy cat? Did my comments offend you?! I wouldn't normally respond in such a way, but you seemed to be asking for it. Just a little social experiment! Now you're calling me sick and twisted?!?

Maybe it's best if we bite our tongue from time to time?!

There have been some very revealing responses here, as a number of the usual left wing trolls have used this thread to launch personal attacks on me rather than discuss the point I’m making.

CPC464, bonzo77 and skinz have resorted to name calling, Mister M has made threats of physical violence, Halibut even states in his signature that he wants to murder people who disagree with him!

And yet I would freely defend their right to say what they want no matter how clihdish, naïve or offensive they may come across. It just shows how twisted some people can be that a thread suggesting that all of us should be free to say what we think gets condemned as designed to”sow division and hatred” when the intention is completely the opposite.

I have not made threats of physical violence towards you rickie, you're the one that's twisting things.

On the broader point I just don't believe that you're so naive as not to know that denigrating people because of their race, gender or sexuality is offensive, inflammatory and it can be sometimes illegal. You can complain all you like Rickie, but you've been rumbled. And making self pitying posts won't help your cause either.

I suspect it is because you want to be a bit racist.

Do you have a young female member of family (say under 10 years old)? Would you be happy for me to express my lust for her and describe graphically the debauched sexual things I want to do to her? Should I be able to do this?

If I worked in your bank, should I be able to tell people your account details?

Should I be able to harrangue an elderly lady walking down the street just for a laugh? Perhaps scream at her face? Make her cry, "just for a laugh"?

Perhaps I should be able to tell your boss that you are a peadophile and try to get you sacked? Perhaps I could say the same to the local knuckle dragger so he can come round your house and beat you up?

I think the real question is, why do you want the ability to be able to offend people?

That is totally bang out of order and shouldn't be seen on this forum. Totally wrong on so many levels. Saying what you think and bringing kids in to this thread are different. Disgusting!

Do you have a young female member of family (say under 10 years old)? Would you be happy for me to express my lust for her and describe graphically the debauched sexual things I want to do to her? Should I be able to do this?

If you're harbouring these thoughts, it would be good to deal with you before you carry out your feelings.

No he doesn't. You're reading things that aren't there.

No he doesn't. You're reading things that aren't there.

This machine kills fascists. Up the Roma! Halibut signature.

Does the ''Up the Roma'' bit mean something sexual too?

That is totally bang out of order and shouldn't be seen on this forum. Totally wrong on so many levels. Saying what you think and bringing kids in to this thread are different. Disgusting!

He is making a point, you didn't bold the most important part: "Should I be able to do this." No he shouldn't, which is the point. Stop over reacting.

This machine kills fascists. Up the Roma! Halibut signature.

Does the ''Up the Roma'' bit mean something sexual too?

By using the construction 'Does ''Up the Roma'' mean something sexual too?' you're implying that you think the other part of the signature has a sexual meaning.

Which part of 'This machine kills fascists' do you think is sexual?

(None of it sexual. Google the origins of the phrase 'This machine kills fascists' and you'll see that it's actually a comment about the power of music.)

'Up the Roma' is there because they're a much reviled group of people who don't deserve the hatred that comes their way from ignorant and thoughtless folks.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 16:30 ----------

He is making a point, you didn't bold the most important part: "Should I be able to do this." No he shouldn't, which is the point. Stop over reacting.

Indeed. It was a direct response to the unfortunately dense OP.

By using the construction 'Does ''Up the Roma'' mean something sexual too?' you're implying that you think the other part of the signature has a sexual meaning.

Which part of 'This machine kills fascists' do you think is sexual?

(None of it sexual. Google the origins of the phrase 'This machine kills fascists' and you'll see that it's actually a comment about the power of music.)

'Up the Roma' is there because they're a much reviled group of people who don't deserve the hatred that comes their way from ignorant and thoughtless folks.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 16:30 ----------

Indeed. It was a direct response to the unfortunately dense OP.

I was making light fun of it :roll:

Archived