Saudi journalist gets 10 years & 1000 lashes

Can you just expect to walk in and engage a high profile Islamist like Choudary in debate? I didn't know he was an imam, thought he was a solictor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anjem_Choudary

If he is an imam he is morally obliged to talk to those that request his audience as long as those that request it are friendly and trustworthy.

Whenever I had problems with muslim kids in school (I had problems with non muslim kids just as often I might add) I was free to talk to the local imam, I only learned that once I talked to a parent, it turned out to be ideal advice. Also turned out he was a lovely man with no bad will against non-muslims what so ever. Hence I helped at a fundraiser when a room attached to the mosque was set on fire in the aftermath of the Danish cartoonist.

Because he is wrong isn't he? You on the other hand with vast swaths of Islamic knowledge will change him to a moderate..hence all his followers will turn moderate..

Now's your chance, you've been given an opportunity, an offer, not internet trolling..the real stuff..c'mon man, do us proud.

You make your self look more foolish with every post.

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 07:16 ----------

If he is an imam he is morally obliged to talk to those that request his audience as long as those that request it are friendly and trustworthy.

Whenever I had problems with muslim kids in school (I had problems with non muslim kids just as often I might add) I was free to talk to the local imam, I only learned that once I talked to a parent, it turned out to be ideal advice. Also turned out he was a lovely man with no bad will against non-muslims what so ever. Hence I helped at a fundraiser when a room attached to the mosque was set on fire in the aftermath of the Danish cartoonist.

Anjem_Choudary's idea of morality will differ somewhat from your idea of morality, he praised the 9/11 hijackers and supports the killing on anyone that doesn't support his version of Islam, good luck convincing him to change his ways.

My local Imam is Anjem Choudary :( and he wants Muslims to Take Over Great Britain.

It appears the more liberal Muslims aren't overly welcomed by the more extreme Muslims.

Taj Hargey

"Today is a great day for British Islam," he declared triumphantly. "Liberal, progressive Muslims have finally won a battle against the extremists that dominate the Muslim establishment in Britain."

Dr Hargey, a clean-shaven imam from Oxford who describes himself as a "thorn in the side of the Muslim hierarchy", had just won a libel claim against a conservative Muslim newspaper that claimed he belonged to a sect which many in his faith believe is heretical. A South African anti-apartheid campaigner who has lived in Britain on and off for the past three decades, Dr Hargey has made many enemies because of his liberal brand of Islam which he preaches from a small assembly hall.

Unlike most British imams who insist on segregation during Friday prayers, Dr Hargey allows men and women to pray in the same room. He believes Muslims should not feel compelled to grow beards or wear a veil and last November his mosque became the first in Britain to allow a female Islamic scholar to lead Friday prayers.

Is Anjem Choudary an Imam?

I always thought religion was supposed to be about peace, tolerance, love and forgiveness.

If the article is true that is absolutely disgusting.

Regards

Doom

Yeah, history is pretty clear that religion is all about peace and tolerance. :loopy:

Anjem_Choudary's idea of morality will differ somewhat from your idea of morality, he praised the 9/11 hijackers and supports the killing on anyone that doesn't support his version of Islam, good luck convincing him to change his ways.

You are still missing my point, but let's leave it there.

Archived