Just doing some research

on subways site lol

typed in middlesborough in the store locator and 5 results came up, 3 are halal, 2 on linthorpe road, 1 halal and 1 not

1 in guisborough isnt (even tho i had an arguement about it today with some workmates)

2 in stockton and 1 in thornaby 1 in billingham ARENT

out of the 10 listed for sheffield only 2 are listed as halal (including 3 in the moor/west st/div st that arent and 1 on london road that is)

thankyou for listening, only posted this cos its annoying me so i thought id do some proper research on the subject, but the original thread is closed :(

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 20:43 ----------

and as pizza express is the latest halal bugbear

from the customer service section on their website

At PizzaExpress the quality and integrity of our ingredients remain our number one priority, and we have always been happy to provide information on our ingredients to our guests.

It is no secret that all the chicken used in our dishes is halal slaughtered. Our teams in restaurants have and always will provide this information, and in addition it is available on the customer service section of our website. We are looking at whether we take steps to make this information even clearer through our menus.

We’re committed to high animal welfare standards and as such the birds are stunned before slaughter. The quality, safety and integrity of our products is paramount and our chicken supplier is accredited by the British Retail Consortium. This means it meets the global standard for food safety. None of our other meats are halal.

my bold

My brother said tonight that he wouldn't shop at M&S because of one of their meat products being halal. My brothers a well educated person, earns a decent amount of money and socializes with other groups. I questioned him on why he didn't like the thought of eating halal. His response ''It's' Britain and don't want that shoving in my face. How would other groups feel if we shoved stuff on to them?''

My personal thoughts on this are that I don't care. I want to know my meat is clean and safe to eat regardless of how it's done. I know my kebabs are Halal and my first thoughts are ''Is this kebab shop clean'' I don't care about anything else.

My brother said tonight that he wouldn't shop at M&S because of one of their meat products being halal. My brothers a well educated person, earns a decent amount of money and socializes with other groups. I questioned him on why he didn't like the thought of eating halal. His response ''It's' Britain and don't want that shoving in my face. How would other groups feel if we shoved stuff on to them?''

My personal thoughts on this are that I don't care. I want to know my meat is clean and safe to eat regardless of how it's done. I know my kebabs are Halal and my first thoughts are ''Is this kebab shop clean'' I don't care about anything else.

sounds like your brothers sucked in the bull****

On one level It makes no real difference to me whether the meat I eat is Halal or not, but given that this is not a Muslim country, on principle I don't think Halal should be the default food.

If the animal is killed using the usual animal welfare standards i.e. stunned before death then I do not see a problem if someone has said a prayer,that would be the same as a christian saying grace before a meal,both delusional but with no effect upon the meat.

Having said that I am quite happy to eat meat from animals that have been shot so may have suffered pain before death.

On one level It makes no real difference to me whether the meat I eat is Halal or not, but given that this is not a Muslim country, on principle I don't think Halal should be the default food.

ITS NOT the default food :roll:

like i said 2 out of 10 stores in sheff is NOT default, thousands of places in the uk you can buy bacon, ham, piggy stuff?

thats default

ITS NOT the default food :roll:

like i said 2 out of 10 stores in sheff is NOT default, thousands of places in the uk you can buy bacon, ham, piggy stuff?

thats default

Wouldn't it be better if subway just included halal into stores where there is a demand for it, that way everyone gets what they want, Muslims can eat there halal sub and anyone wanting a bacon sub can eat what they want all in the same place, there's nothing like sharing a meal to get different people together.

Wouldn't it be better if subway just included halal into stores where there is a demand for it, that way everyone gets what they want, Muslims can eat there halal sub and anyone wanting a bacon sub can eat what they want all in the same place, there's nothing like sharing a meal to get different people together.

i dont think it works like that

anyway like i said in sheffield theres one halal on london road, within walking distance theres 1 on the moor/1 on div street, and 1 on west street that arent

not the end of the world

i dont think it works like that

anyway like i said in sheffield theres one halal on london road, within walking distance theres 1 on the moor/1 on div street, and 1 on west street that arent

not the end of the world

It does in the states, halal and non halal are served in the same restaurants.

It does in the states, halal and non halal are served in the same restaurants.

well move there then? ive no idea why theres a difference then

personally speaking im not a muslim and i dont use subway so no idea on the nuances

however instead of others just ranting off without any proof i did do some research, that included the use of the little H for halal icons

i have heard that halal stores dont stock pig products, but like i said ive never been in a store and seen for myself so i wouldnt know?

but for the sake of being honest and truthful if somebody could visit a halal store and a none halal store and post the differences in the menus that would be good

as for the pizza express one, only the chicken apparently is halal so it is none halal and halal in the same stores, my missus says mark little (ex of neighbours) had a little rant about it, but it only involved the use of chicken on pizza and it shouldnt be allowed lol

Archived