Preventing neighbour's dog using my garden as a toilet?

I bought one of these 18 months ago, and it really has worked. Cats hate being sprayed with water, it doesn't harm them, and it's amusing when I forget it's turned on and get sprayed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MW9VOM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd thoroughly recommend them to everyone, and I expect they'd work on a dog as well.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 14:51 ----------

This

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007CFDC0G/ref=oh_details_o07_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On the other hand appears to do little apart from drain the battery very quickly.

I really doubt that anything will stop the dog other than a sturdy fence, if you keep looking on here there are sometimes panels for sale cheap (mind you I will be fighting you for them :hihi: ).

Its horrible that you feel that you must just put up with this, I would be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed if my dogs did this to a neighbor, and so should they be, you are in the right to be able to ask them to keep the dog off your garden or to clean up the mess you know...

I would be mortified if I had a dog and it pooed on someone's property, I would have to clean it up and apologise. I wouldn't mind if they cleaned it up. People complain about cats roaming and fouling, but this is bigger :gag:

Some people though, prefer to blame others instead :( I think the fence is probably the best option.

• 3 weeks later...
I think a sensible word would be a good idea. Failing that, remove the poo and put it somewhere on their property.

A sensible word is just not feasible with some people. There is more to it, I don't want to go into details on here, but my neighbour has made it clear that she thinks it is MY fault and she has done nothing wrong. Also seems to be in cohorts with my other neighbour, and they seem like the kind of people who love conflict and winding people up. I don't want to feel intimidated in my own home. Can I contact the police if they start doing this, or would they not be interested in neighbourly issues? I've never had any problems like this before, I keep myself to myself, but I don't think it's unreasonable to shoo a dog off your property if it is defecating on it, is it?

take a photo of the dog when its fouling and report it, there are hefty fines for not clearing up after your dogs so they may be fined if they let it persist, if it involves costing people money they usualy comply, worth a try maybe, if not resort to throwin it at windows or over their car etc, there front door handles etc, its theirs so cant see why u cant return it lol seriously though, do they even know theres a problem in the first place if you havent spoken to them? but having said that they are letting their dog out alone to go and do what it wants, again i think there is legislation against that too

I bought one of these 18 months ago, and it really has worked. Cats hate being sprayed with water, it doesn't harm them, and it's amusing when I forget it's turned on and get sprayed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MW9VOM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd thoroughly recommend them to everyone, and I expect they'd work on a dog as well.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 14:51 ----------

This

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007CFDC0G/ref=oh_details_o07_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On the other hand appears to do little apart from drain the battery very quickly.

Just read this post and looked at items in the links, £50 and £20 ! No way should anyone have to pay to solve this !

Are there are natural or harmless remedies I can use to discourage my neighbour's dog from fouling my garden? It seems like a nice dog (and I like dogs) but I just don't want to have to pick up its excrement off my garden all the time. I don't wish to harm the dog at all, so it must be something that won't harm it or the various cats in the vicinity ( not including mine, which is permanently indoors).

I don't think my neighbours are very amenable on this matter, so I don't want to approach them. Plus, I don't like conflict.

Any suggestions?

Pour a pot of paint on the ground you know they dog will walk in. Laugh when the dog goes home and walks over his owners carpet. That's a start.

Archived