How is your meat killed?

so only anti islam, is nasty not anti christian, or any other, just islam

The way in which mainstream newspapers have been attacking every aspect of Muslim life has not been replicated for any other religion. If it was then that would be equally bad. But you won't believe that because you've already made your mind up.

The way in which mainstream newspapers have been attacking every aspect of Muslim life has not been replicated for any other religion. If it was then that would be equally bad. But you won't believe that because you've already made your mind up.

so you are nasty being anti religion, although being anti religion is because of how nasty religion is, :roll:

so you are nasty being anti religion, although being anti religion is because of how nasty religion is, :roll:

Being against religion, and relentlessly attacking religion, are two completely different things.

I worked in a Scottish abattoir, I have no objection to halal meat as long as the animal is stunned. Although listening to a representative of a Muslim slaughterhouse on the radio the other day I'm sure he said that the animals have a prayer said to them as they have their throat cut, he said they need to be able to hear that prayer. (not sure if they'll understand it tho) so that would indicate that the correct way to do it is to cut the throat without stunning. Also can someone tell me if the prayer is said before every chickens throat is cut (genuine question).

In your experience, honestly, would it be crueller to cut an animals throat than it is to put a bolt through their skulls with their friends watching? or is it all equal: Dead is dead?

I am genuinely interested in your answer, I know that my uncle who still runs a butchery related business couldn't care less about how the animal comes to an end, as long as it is quick. He has seen the 'humane' option go wrong often enough to not fall for that argument (as he puts it).

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 12:13 ----------

So you are nasty if your anti religion?, :suspect:

You are nasty, does that answer your question? If you want to debate this, open another thread.

I don't like the idea of having someone else's beliefs pushed down my throat (pun intended), wether it be Christian, Moslem, Seventh Day Adventist, Esoteric Order of Dagon, Rastafarianism or Jedi. It's all a waste of time by people who don't know any better, and of course, all religion results in violence.

Not for me thank you very much, if I can do anything about it. Maybe the meat should be labelled with 'Warning ... this product may contain an internecine agenda', because that's how I see it personally ... the thin end of the wedge so to speak. What next in competition on the supermaket shelves ... wine that's been blessed by the Pope, Barbie and Ken complete with matching pins for voodoo worship?

It worries me that business opportunities may be introduced by supermarket chains, whereby (for instance) Tesco may advertise all their meat as 'non-halal', whilst (say) Morrison's come up with vice-versa. This'll create a schism ... people will be classed as 'Morrisonites', 'Tescoists', 'Lidlarians' ... that sort of thing. The supermarket wars will commence and the country will dive into anarchy (apart from Chatsworth farm shop which will represent the epicurean equivalent of Switzerland).

In any case, I will not eat 'Halal' meat as a matter of principle from now on. Not because I dislike Islamists more than any other cult, just that I choose not to be any part of it.

Being against religion, and relentlessly attacking religion, are two completely different things.

but its only nasty to islam not any other, and its ok for muslims to kill non believers then :roll:

but its only nasty to islam not any other, and its ok for muslims to kill non believers then :roll:

What are you on about now? No, it's not okay for anyone to kill another, whatever their belief, and whatever their reason.

Please start making sense, you say you aren't stupid in your signature, so I'll take your word for it.

I don't like the idea of having someone else's beliefs pushed down my throat (pun intended), wether it be Christian, Moslem, Seventh Day Adventist, Esoteric Order of Dagon, Rastafarianism or Jedi. It's all a waste of time by people who don't know any better, and of course, all religion results in violence.

Not for me thank you very much, if I can do anything about it. Maybe the meat should be labelled with 'Warning ... this product may contain an internecine agenda', because that's how I see it personally ... the thin end of the wedge so to speak. What next in competition on the supermaket shelves ... wine that's been blessed by the Pope, Barbie and Ken complete with matching pins for voodoo worship?

It worries me that business opportunities may be introduced by supermarket chains, whereby (for instance) Tesco may advertise all their meat as 'non-halal', whilst (say) Morrison's come up with vice-versa. This'll create a schism ... people will be classed as 'Morrisonites', 'Tescoists', 'Lidlarians' ... that sort of thing. The supermarket wars will commence and the country will dive into anarchy (apart from Chatsworth farm shop which will represent the epicurean equivalent of Switzerland).

In any case, I will not eat 'Halal' meat as a matter of principle from now on. Not because I dislike Islamists more than any other cult, just that I choose not to be any part of it.

But you've been getting others beliefs pushed down your throat since you were born? Why is this different?

Let me explain: Surely you believe that it is bad to have chickens be kicked to be stunned so you can pick them up? Yet that is what happens in reality.

I really don't see how that changes with it being islam related, and if it does than I suggest you buy a nice farm somewhere and become completely self-sufficient, although even that is difficult and I wouldn't want it because I enjoy your posts too much.

Just think through what you are saying though, you will see what I mean.

Archived