How is your meat killed?

Spot on :thumbsup:

given a choice of meat same price i would choose non halal

So you would rather eat a chicken that had been electrocuted to death rather than had it's throat cut after being stunned? Why?

So you would rather eat a chicken that had been electrocuted to death rather than had it's throat cut after being stunned? Why?

I don't mind how it is killed as long as the abattoir is an equal opportunities employer, and doesn't select it employees based on their religious beliefs, sexuality, race, age, disability or sex.

It's how it's killed ( or at least how's it's perceived it's killed). Have you ever read a halal thread?

Okay. Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm asking why anybody would object halal meat being labelled as such.

If there's nothing wrong with halal meat, why disguise it as regular meat?

What's wrong with just writing the word halal on the meat. There's so much writing on it already. If the labels are not big enough, just write smaller.

But do you get a choice even if it is labelled? It is increasingly common knowledge that free range is nothing more than a marketing gimmick (or at least I would hope it is) and the same goes for lots of other things regarding the food we eat.

Do you choose what MacDonalds puts in your burger? Does it matter to you?

PS I am not saying that it doesn't, I am however saying that if it does, it should go further than whether something is halal or not.

i saw this and thought i would say how true, and then quote the old saying, as sure as eggs is eggs......then thought where did the saying come from, .....apparently from the book to kill a mocking bird..... well i found this whilst looking and had to share lol http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8234080/Police-banned-eggs-is-eggs-in-case-it-offended-infertile-women-officer-claims.html how daft is that :D

Because it as no tie with any religion....well hopefully, :roll:

I'm sure A few years back a halal butcher in page hall was caught with 2 goats with there necks slit hanging above an open sewer in the back yard, it may be halal but I wouldn't want to be the one that eats it.

Okay. Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm asking why anybody would object halal meat being labelled as such.

If there's nothing wrong with halal meat, why disguise it as regular meat?

What's wrong with just writing the word halal on the meat. There's so much writing on it already. If the labels are not big enough, just write smaller.

and the funny thing is its the religious leaders that want this http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/may/08/halal-meat-row-jewish-muslim-leader-clearer-labelling :cool:

So if the god botherers want the the labelling and us godless heathens want it too, and the animal rights people also want it, what on earth is the problem?

Who is it that doesn't want it?

Is there some practical problem?

So if the god botherers want the the labelling and us godless heathens want it too, and the animal rights people also want it, what on earth is the problem?

Who is it that doesn't want it?

Is there some practical problem?

You have to have something for the bleeding heart type bigots something to bleat on about :roll:

Archived