Appetite supressed

[/b]

I had all the symptoms you describe.I started to wear nylon socks,have my hair dyed yellow and eat a bowl of cornflakes and gravy at 3.47 every morning.

Everything is fine now.

Good advice or not?

You decide.

Sensible replies?

I'm not too bad tonight to be fair. I actually felt some hunger and enjoyed my dinner. Tomorrow may be a different case.

If you're feeling dizzy when you stand up that's due to your blood pressure being low (postural hypotension) which isn't bad for you in normal circumstances- all of my mum's side of my family have postural hypotension and we all have a coordinated 'stand up, grab hold of something, wobble for a few seconds with a 'whoa!' expression and then return to normality' thing going on.

The low blood pressure could be caused by all sorts of things, including blood sugar issues, or it could be entirely natural and nothing at all to worry about.

As for everything else, if it persists I'd see your GP and I'm sure that they will want to examine you, check out your blood sugar and your glucose tolerance and may also want to do a breath test to check whether the feeling sick is due to a stomach ulcer and do other tests.

If you're feeling dizzy when you stand up that's due to your blood pressure being low (postural hypotension) which isn't bad for you in normal circumstances- all of my mum's side of my family have postural hypotension and we all have a coordinated 'stand up, grab hold of something, wobble for a few seconds with a 'whoa!' expression and then return to normality' thing going on.

The low blood pressure could be caused by all sorts of things, including blood sugar issues, or it could be entirely natural and nothing at all to worry about.

As for everything else, if it persists I'd see your GP and I'm sure that they will want to examine you, check out your blood sugar and your glucose tolerance and may also want to do a breath test to check whether the feeling sick is due to a stomach ulcer and do other tests.

It may be my eating patterns, exercise or something else. I can't go in to great detail but it hasn't been a pleasant time.

Thank you for reply anyway Med :)

Not so important is when you eat so much as what you're eating. There's no set rules stating you must eat 3 meals a day. Concentrate on making sure every single meal you eat is completely balanced and providing your body with the adequate protein, fat and carbs and then only eat when you actually feel hungry.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 21:45 ----------

And cut out refined sugar.

Not so important is when you eat so much as what you're eating. There's no set rules stating you must eat 3 meals a day. Concentrate on making sure every single meal you eat is completely balanced and providing your body with the adequate protein, fat and carbs and then only eat when you actually feel hungry.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 21:45 ----------

And cut out refined sugar.

If I listened to hunger I wouldn't eat. Eating more may help rev up the metabolism I suppose :/

If I listened to hunger I wouldn't eat. Eating more may help rev up the metabolism I suppose :/

Yes indeed it may. Have a read up on reverse dieting, that might be a help for you.

By the sound of it your metabolism is knackered but there are ways to get it back into gear and give you your appetite back.

Cheers for replies. I have that sick fullness feeling after my last meal at 8:30. I can feel some sort of burning in my stomach. I had lean beef with 60% of the plate full of vegetables. Nothing that I would put down to as being low quality food. I feel the urge to do an intensity exercise. I feel twitchy and it's 11:25! So puzzled.

Cheers for replies. I have that sick fullness feeling after my last meal at 8:30. I can feel some sort of burning in my stomach. I had lean beef with 60% of the plate full of vegetables. Nothing that I would put down to as being low quality food. I feel the urge to do an intensity exercise. I feel twitchy and it's 11:25! So puzzled.

Yes. So are we.

See your GP!

It may not be a nutritional problem, it could be health related. Get to a doctors and have your bloods done just to be on the safe side.

If it is down to nutrition, make sure you're getting the correct balance of macros; protein is good but your body also relies on (complex) carbs to replenish energy stores, as well as good fats.

Archived