Advice on 17" LCD screens

Jamie

Got a couple of Sony's and have always been impressed by them.

Incidently, Sony make the Apple monitors and are reknowned for their TV studio monitors. A little bit more expensive, but well made, no dead pixels and they have great pictures.

Sony are excellent, obviously, but more expensive than LG which get very good reviews in the PC magazines. i buy all my pc stuff from dabs and overclockers and have never had any problems, but if other people have then fair enough.

Originally posted by Killian

i buy all my pc stuff from dabs and overclockers and have never had any problems, but if other people have then fair enough.

My problem with dabs is SOLELY in relation to their returns policy on LCD screens... They declare a set percentage of dead pixels to be acceptable and will not exchange them regardless of where the pixels are or what caused them.

Not exactly a great policy if you're an end user with more than a couple of dead pixels bang in key spots on your screen.

Archived