The Vestry Hall Burngreave Road

double

We stopped there in the early sixties when a gale blew down most of our house. I was only eight at the time so it was a great adventure with people sleeping all over the place. Always remember a cup falling on my nose (ouch).

• 1 year later...
Does anyone have any memories of the this grand building? I always remember it in the the seventies being used for many a wedding reception

In the 90's it was used for Spiritualist meetings run by a lady called Mrs. Campbell. I used to go there on Tueday nights

We stopped there in the early sixties when a gale blew down most of our house. I was only eight at the time so it was a great adventure with people sleeping all over the place. Always remember a cup falling on my nose (ouch).

So did I; remember it well. My dad was billeted upstairs but came down to make sure we were OK, by the time he got back some one had nicked his bed!

Archived