2005 Astra - value?

My mum has decided she no longer wants to drive, and will sell her car. It's a Vauxhall Astra, 2005, 3 door, petrol, 11,900 miles. One careful lady owner, has been kept in a garage (the car not my mum!), full service history...but because it's such a low mileage for its age we are struggling to work out a realistic price to ask.

If anyone out there knows more about second hand cars than I do I would be grateful if you could suggest a sensible price for it.

Thanks in advance,

alice

Low mileage and full service history is always a good selling point and adds value to a car but also the condition of it counts. If its a minter then you are going to be looking at top book price at least, sometimes you can get over the odds for it being like new.

First thing to do would be to defiantly find out top book price for retail, trade price will be a fair bit lower so always bear that in mind.

Dealers are selling 40,000 miles astra for around £2000, so you should aim at that

But it's nowhere near 40,000 miles and it's in extremely good condition.

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 21:43 ----------

Low mileage and full service history is always a good selling point and adds value to a car but also the condition of it counts. If its a minter then you are going to be looking at top book price at least, sometimes you can get over the odds for it being like new.

First thing to do would be to defiantly find out top book price for retail, trade price will be a fair bit lower so always bear that in mind.

Thanks. Can I find the book price online, or not?

My mum has decided she no longer wants to drive, and will sell her car. It's a Vauxhall Astra, 2005, 3 door, petrol, 11,900 miles. One careful lady owner, has been kept in a garage (the car not my mum!), full service history...but because it's such a low mileage for its age we are struggling to work out a realistic price to ask.

If anyone out there knows more about second hand cars than I do I would be grateful if you could suggest a sensible price for it.

Thanks in advance,

alice

I would say the low milage is a good selling point but wont really add a lot more value,a car needs to be run and the engine needs to bed in and loosen up before it runs at its best.

I would say the low milage is a good selling point but wont really add a lot more value,a car needs to be run and the engine needs to bed in and loosen up before it runs at its best.

Low mileage cars with full service history are always the best ones to buy and always worth more than ones with part service history, starship mileage and have been thraped all over.

Alice knows that and she wants to get the best deal for her mum.

And without wanting to sound rude, I bet I've forgot more than you know about cars ;)

At the end of Summer last year I sold a 2005 Ka Collection model at 13,500m, like new inside and out, 12 mth test, for £2k, although not much recent service history as there wasn't really any to show due to mileage. Two previous single lady owners.

Low mileage cars with full service history are always the best ones to buy and always worth more than ones with part service history, starship mileage and have been thraped all over.

Alice knows that and she wants to get the best deal for her mum.

And without wanting to sound rude, I bet I've forgot more than you know about cars ;)

I very much doubt it,by the way what full service history do you think a 11.000 mile car will have:confused:

Archived