2005 Astra - value?

And without wanting to sound rude, I bet I've forgot more than you know about cars ;)

what a rude thing to say!! seriously, you've just just discounted any advice you've given in your first post by coming across as a total ***** in your second :thumbsup:

on autotrader there's a 57 plate from a dealer with 12k on for £4000. however i suspect that would come with warranty (not that they can be trusted)

I very much doubt it,by the way what full service history do you think a 11.000 mile car will have:confused:

Serviced once a year, averaging 1800 miles per oil and filter? engine will be like new ;) servicing goes on time as well as mileage.

I very much doubt it.

Don't doubt it ;)

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 22:37 ----------

what a rude thing to say!! seriously,

Well spotted, too much false info posted on SF as it is so run along and go troll somewhere else :wave:

what a rude thing to say!! seriously, you've just just discounted any advice you've given in your first post by coming across as a total ***** in your second :thumbsup:

When you've achieved master tech status though a car manufacture come back on here and slate me then :)

When you've achieved master tech status though a car manufacture come back on here and slate me then :)

i'm not slating your abilities as a master technician (or mechanic to the rest of us) i was pointing out how rude and obnoxious your second post came across to someone who was offering advice to the OP :thumbsup:

Has it been serviced every 12 months as it should have been??

You see alot of people describe their cars as:

"1 careful old-lady owner"

but you dig abit deeper and it turns out it's been serviced twice in ten years and only driven 2 miles a week to the shops.

That does not count as careful ownership.

But it's nowhere near 40,000 miles and it's in extremely good condition.

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 21:43 ----------

Thanks. Can I find the book price online, or not?

(Everything else being equal) I think I would prefer the one with 40,000 on the clock. Most of the engine wear occurs when the engine is cold so with only 11,900 it is likely it has only been used for very short journeys where the engine hasn't had a chance to warm up.

Ultimately it is only worth what someone will pay for it, a quick look on autotrader shows a 2005 1.6i 16V going for £4995.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201405063956327/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/6000/model/astra/quantity-of-doors/3/transmission/manual/postcode/s358rd/make/vauxhall/fuel-type/petrol/radius/1501/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/maximum-age/up_to_9_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_15000_miles/page/1?logcode=p

jb

(Everything else being equal) I think I would prefer the one with 40,000 on the clock. Most of the engine wear occurs when the engine is cold so with only 11,900 it is likely it has only been used for very short journeys where the engine hasn't had a chance to warm up.

Ultimately it is only worth what someone will pay for it, a quick look on autotrader shows a 2005 1.6i 16V going for £4995.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201405063956327/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/6000/model/astra/quantity-of-doors/3/transmission/manual/postcode/s358rd/make/vauxhall/fuel-type/petrol/radius/1501/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/maximum-age/up_to_9_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_15000_miles/page/1?logcode=p

jb

No one is going ro pay £4995 for a 9 year old astra unless very dumb and stupid

Has it been serviced every 12 months as it should have been??

You see alot of people describe their cars as:

"1 careful old-lady owner"

but you dig abit deeper and it turns out it's been serviced twice in ten years and only driven 2 miles a week to the shops.

That does not count as careful ownership.

I've seen some terrible driving in supermarket car parks from old folks, and lots of burning clutch smells as they do their 30 point turn getting out of the spaces!

Archived