Avoid using a pencil to vote

Actually no - it's not ridiculous at all.

There are a lot of reasons for not voting online - most of them around transparency and secrecy of the ballot, plus the ability to recount easily. We can as a nation use pencil paper and a voting booth and elect 600+ MPs and know the result in one night.

I genuinely think it is ridiculous. Plus, I don't believe any of them anyway. They all talk a load of BS to get elected and then make it up as they go along once in. So as far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less who gets into power. I just adapt my lifestyle around what transpires in the aftermath regardless of who wins. If they put the process online, my vote is for sale, whichever party offers me the best cash back or store voucher incentive to vote for them, that's who I'll vote for.

If they put the process online, my vote is for sale, whichever party offers me the best cash back or store voucher incentive to vote for them, that's who I'll vote for.

Outrageous! You appear to be for sale at any price. :o

Outrageous! You appear to be for sale at any price. :o

Everyones for sale, the price just varies. In regards to my vote, it's for sale at a rock bottom price as long as they put the process online. I'd go even further, if they set up an online website in advance of the election and offer different levels of reward, say,

£50 if you put up a poster in your window and vote for us on the day.

£75 if you email at least 10 friends to vote for us and tweet all your followers.

£100 if you do all of the above and wear a T-shirt.

This is the digital age, I should start up my own party #VOTECOUTTS

Calm down...he's a troll.

I'm really not. if I were a troll I'm sure I could find a lot more emotionally charged topic threads to try and get a rise out of people. Just my viewpoint that's all. The world would be a boring place if we all thought in the same way.

I'm really not. if I were a troll I'm sure I could find a lot more emotionally charged topic threads to try and get a rise out of people. Just my viewpoint that's all. The world would be a boring place if we all thought in the same way.

Whatever. FWIW, I don't believe you.

What's wrong with you? Have you never heard of a postal vote?

Either apply for that in the future or man- up and get some exercise by taking an evening stroll to the polling station.

It should be everyone's obligation to vote if they are a citizen of this country.

The decisions that are made by a political party effect you.

You could always use your vote as a protest vote, imagine the fun in that. It's comparable to giving a political party you don't like, a bloody nose. It's like a game of chess, you need to be calculating with your moves.

At least that way you will fulfil your right to vote, after all it's only once every five years. Shame on you for not voting. In that case, you have no right to complain about a party's policies when they achieve power.

Ooh Postal votes .Now that is open to allsorts of wrong doing.

I genuinely think it is ridiculous. Plus, I don't believe any of them anyway. They all talk a load of BS to get elected and then make it up as they go along once in. So as far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less who gets into power. I just adapt my lifestyle around what transpires in the aftermath regardless of who wins.

This. ^^^^

Archived