£2.50 per person corkage charge at Amraj

so what? usually corkage is per bottle and even if it is 2.50 per head the place has rent rates and god knows what else to pay, why not buy what he sells behind the bar then no corkage1 why do people who go out to eat bother if they are just going to whine about the price:roll::roll:

Do they charge £2 to go pee pee and a fiver for a dump too ?

It's a bloody cork man. :huh:

for gods sake stop being a tightwad!! if you dont like it dont go, the place has to make a profit, £2.50 is cheap, people that moan about restaurant prices should stay at home:roll:

As I said in my OP I've stopped going! Nothing against making profit in business but meals are expensive and he's already moaning about all his usual customers not coming anymore! If he wants to make the new place work and get the place full more often if it was me I would drop the corkage some people can't afford the extra cost.

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 21:04 ----------

so what? usually corkage is per bottle and even if it is 2.50 per head the place has rent rates and god knows what else to pay, why not buy what he sells behind the bar then no corkage1 why do people who go out to eat bother if they are just going to whine about the price:roll::roll:

He don't have a bar only BYO! I'm not tight it's principle.

Do they charge £2 to go pee pee and a fiver for a dump too ?

It's a bloody cork man. :huh:

i guess you are not in business:roll::roll:

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 21:20 ----------

As I said in my OP I've stopped going! Nothing against making profit in business but meals are expensive and he's already moaning about all his usual customers not coming anymore! If he wants to make the new place work and get the place full more often if it was me I would drop the corkage some people can't afford the extra cost.

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 21:04 ----------

He don't have a bar only BYO! I'm not tight it's principle.

if he doesnt have a bar thats different

Is this being applied to all diners, or just to the individuals who bring alcohol?

I'd have a big problem with being charged corkage when I'm not drinking even though I may be in a group of those who are drinking. I'm happy to pay for my own drinks, but not for the privilege of others drinking theirs.