Are the media to blame for Islamophobia

Islamophobia is a buzzword dreamed up by somebody to describe a very real fear of Islam. Islam is quite dangerous and intolerant so quite naturally some people get worried or scared. Someone picked up on this but rather than tackle the reason for the fear they instead decide anyone who does not feel islam is the best thing since sliced bread must be a racist and an "islamophobe"

For me i don't fear muslims at all but Islam? That is fast becoming a different story.

Correct. A phobia is an illogical fear. Fear of Islam taking over our lives is not an illogical fear any more than Rottweillerphobia.

Whilst ever there are those who pander to the people who want to force their views on the rest of us I will respect any group that wants to resist it.

The rise of UKIP is not based on racism, it is based on the realisation that the politicians from other parties are appeasers willing to sell out the majority to pander to this minority.

Laura Wilson, from Rotherham, was stabbed to death in 2010 aged 17

Britain's first white honour killing: Teenager brutally murdered by her Muslim lover after exposing their relationship to his family

This wasn't a mugging gone wrong, or a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In fact, the mother-of-one was the victim of Britain's first white honour killing. Her death was premeditated murder, plotted and committed by the boyfriend she was madly in love with.

Laura's crime was to bring dishonour on her Muslim lover Ashtiaq Ashgar, 21, who is now serving a life sentence for the brutal murder.

Whilst not wanting to tar all muslims with the same brush i do admit im beginning to find it difficult to find anything positive to say of the religion. Im worried the price the UK will pay for their infiltration of the British society will be very high.

The Tower Hamlets farce doesn't help either. Democracy is not functioning in Tower Hamlets

Lutfur Rahman adviser: Accept Tower Hamlets election results or violence will 'spill onto streets'

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/lutfur-rahman-adviser-accept-tower-hamlets-election-results-or-violence-will-spill-onto-streets-9450680.html

A key adviser to Tower Hamlets' controversial mayor has warned the "civil war" of the borough's bitter politics "will spill out onto the streets" if election results are not accepted.

Kazim Zaidi called people to accept Lutfur Rahman's win over Labour's candidate in the race to be directly-elected mayor.

Tower Hamlets' full results were only announced on Tuesday night, five days after polling stations closed.

Islamophobia is a buzzword dreamed up by somebody to describe a very real fear of Islam. Islam is quite dangerous and intolerant so quite naturally some people get worried or scared. Someone picked up on this but rather than tackle the reason for the fear they instead decide anyone who does not feel islam is the best thing since sliced bread must be a racist and an "islamophobe"

For me i don't fear muslims at all but Islam? That is fast becoming a different story.

A bit like Alf Ganett. Alf Garnett is/was a recist as most people would agree, but the intention of the programme makers was to make the character look stupid and discredit racists. Much the same can be said for islamaphobia.

Correct. A phobia is an illogical fear. Fear of Islam taking over our lives is not an illogical fear any more than Rottweillerphobia.

Whilst ever there are those who pander to the people who want to force their views on the rest of us I will respect any group that wants to resist it.

The rise of UKIP is not based on racism, it is based on the realisation that the politicians from other parties are appeasers willing to sell out the majority to pander to this minority.

Yes it is actually.

A bit like Alf Ganett. Alf Garnett is/was a recist as most people would agree, but the intention of the programme makers was to make the character look stupid and discredit racists.

I always thought the same about Love Thy Neighbour.

The coloured chap and his mrs were a well grounded couple who you'd be happy to have as a next door neighbour, but the white guy who lived next door to them was a terrible racist.

From memory the white chap was always made to look a complete idiot.

If anybody hasn't seen it before, there are full episodes on Youtube.

Regards

Doom

Islam isn't going to 'take over our lives' anytime soon. To believe that it is is irrational.

If it is allowed to grow it will. Like it has done in the arab world, Nigeria, Kenya and on it marches. Thankfully the crusades stopped it coming our way in western Europe. It's coming alright.:(

Archived