Are the media to blame for Islamophobia

The media are not to blame.

People are to blame.

Islamophobia, in and of itself, is just another form of intelorance or prejudice. Which the media reporting on extremist muslims (they're newsworthy) will stoke (or not, subject to the listener/reader's level of prejudice) at the expense of non-extremist muslims (they're not newsworthy).

Tell me pal, is there such a thing as homophobia?

You want to discuss that? Start a thread. Ill be happy to contribute.

---------- Post added 13-05-2014 at 10:28 ----------

You are supporting ivanava who downright denies islamophobia exists.

Another bare faced lie but thats what ive come to expect :)

Just to point out your mistake

To answer the question "Are the media to blame for islamophobia?"

No, muslims are. The media dont blow people up, the media dont kidnap kids and hold for ransom, the media didnt blow up the twin towers, the media dont demand special treatment, the media dont murder people for drawing cartoons.

Which kind of means im not saying it dosent exist.

Which makes you next post even more laughable than your usual tripe.

Wouldn't the solution to homophobia be to call out those that practice it and try to make them see they are wrong?

You are supporting ivanava who downright denies islamophobia exists. Think about that for a few moments and then give a reply.

You want to discuss that? Start a thread. Ill be happy to contribute.

Yeah, cop out. It is relevant to this thread, so discuss it here.

---------- Post added 13-05-2014 at 10:30 ----------

Islamophobia doesn't exist therefor its no one fault.

Another bare faced lie but thats what ive come to expect :)

So homophobia doesn't exist does it? Wonder why you are in the closet than fella.

That's not true though is it? Not all Muslims do this. Look at my post again.

A young teenage boy with a tracksuit and baseball cap may be seen as a typical chav. Who's to say that this young lad isn't working and is a good person?

If you watch that video you'll see good Muslims go against those extremist.

There was a quote on TV a while ago that strikes a chord:

Not all Muslims are terrorists

The majority of terrorists are Muslim

2 very different quotes but so very true, we cannot tar them all with the same brush, but some do.

Again, i didnt say all. I can see how this thread will go. :rolleyes:

No its not, and youll prove it

Oooh look, like clockwork.

Do me a favour, show me where i said i hate anyone, where i said all muslims, show me or ill just report the thread. Im sicj to the back teeth of the likes of you, putting words in others mouths. Its sad and pathetic.

You dont want a debate, you want to preach and tell everyone these muslims who do the stuff i highlighted are poor misunderstood souls and its actually the TV and newspapers who are the problem.

Get a grip and stop playing the victim.

Mate, seriously. I'm not calling you a racist or trying to turn anything on you. I'm replying to your post.

Mate, seriously. I'm not calling you a racist or trying to turn anything on you. I'm replying to your post.

Fair enough. Then you wont mind retracting where you suggested i may hate Muslims or ive said all Muslims.

Then we can talk. Until then im afraid i cant. I wont have words put in my mouth.

Who said all Muslims are bad? They might all be delusional but for many it doesn't make them bad.

I think people think have formed judgement on you from different threads. However when I sit here and read your post, I see your points from a 50/50 look on it. I don't think you're a racist or hate them. I think there's certain things you dislike.

---------- Post added 13-05-2014 at 10:55 ----------

Fair enough. Then you wont mind retracting where you suggested i may hate Muslims or ive said all Muslims.

Then we can talk. Until then im afraid i cant. I wont have words put in my mouth.

I'm struggling to see where I branded you a Muslim hater?

Yes and generally speaking the most homophobic people are religious.

Wouldn't the solution to homophobia be to call out those that practice it and try to make them see they are wrong?

We do call those out that practice it and then we get called islamophobic. :)

---------- Post added 13-05-2014 at 11:01 ----------

Yeah, cop out. It is relevant to this thread, so discuss it here.

---------- Post added 13-05-2014 at 10:30 ----------

So homophobia doesn't exist does it? Wonder why you are in the closet than fella.

Closet Guy didn't even respond to the post in which I said, "Islamophobia doesn't exist therefor its no one fault." We could well disagree on that point, but I am sure that if we do disagree on it we will be able to resist the temptation to call each childish name. :)

I'm struggling to see where I branded you a Muslim hater?

So turn your opinions to the extremist and not the whole Muslim community?

It's a debate, yes. I can't see why you would hate all Muslims because of extremist?

Ive embloden the stuff you made up.

No need to thank me.

Archived