Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

i went to rowlinson . form room S32 form teacher Chris ? what do i remember of the bad ol day's Miss Hambling(English) getting married and then having a fling with the sports teacher. Mr ibbotson (Geog) saying all children should be peeled and lowered feet first into a lime pit !! finding a Bulls eye in my locker. Dracular Spectacular production. in the drama hall holding people by their feet under the seating and lowering them into the tuck shop store for "Bootie". can't remember learning much though but it was fun when i think back. :)

oh my god. Were you in the science labs when you found the eye. I had human biology and was bored so put one in the plug under it and in a locker. But he did know it was me next lesson as only me naughty enough. Would be about 77

Hi everyone there is a massive school reunion for all years to attend once and for all. 74 - 79 years had loads of fantastic ones, now its for all organised by bev as usual. Tickets only £5.00no ticket no entry on night. Fri 13th July 2012.

Email rowlinsonreunion@hotmail.co.uk for detials of tickets. Dont delay going well, spread the word venue can take 400.

• 1 month later...

Off to Woodseats club tommorow for the big gig. Just wondered if the men will be dyeing their hair grey or shaving it off especially for the occasion. Should be a night to remember. Best wishes to Rowlinsons finest. Think of a number between 2 and 5 for last orders.

• 3 months later...

Best wishes to all of Rowlinsons finest. Just to let every one know Malc Sissons one of Rolos old boys is opening a new bar this weekend. Its on West Street called Studio 54 behind the City Hall. Its aimed at the over 30s market (so we should all qualify) and gives our age group an other option in that area with The Bessemer and Maggie Mays also close by. Everyones welcome to call and dont hesitate for requests from the dj. Apparently a northern soul night is planned for upstairs once a month to suit old rolo youth clubbers as well. Save me a seat. LOL

Is there anyone who went to Rowlinson in the first year it opened which was 1953.

I was there till 1957,being in class 1B to 4B.

Have never come accross anyone from that era but can still remember a lot of pupils names and teachers also.

Would be interesting to hear from anyone in that era.

While I have been passed many times have never revisited.

Before that I was at Carfield infant and junior school, 1946 to 1951,and Carfield secondary school for one year 1952 before being transferred to Rowlinson.

Head Master Mr Kay and deputy head Mr Askham.

A long time ago now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I was at Rowlinson when it was opened by Princess Margaret, and can remember what a great Headmaster Mr Kay was. The teachers I remember were:

Mr Ellin (Could be a bit of a bully)

Miss Ditchfield

Miss Stewart

Madam Perelees

Mr Rutherford

Mr and Mrs Baker

Mr Curly (He was lovely)

Miss Varah

Used to love the Sports that we played there, cannot believe how developed it is around there now, it used to be all fields.

I was also there when the school was opened.

You have not quoted the years but I was there 1952-1957.

Do you recall Mr Barnsley,Mrs Knott,Mr Startup and Mr Dean,just being a few of the names that come to mind.I can remember faces but not always the names.

I went through the B stream starting at Carfield secondary 1952 having come via the infants and juniors and I belive in 1953 we moved to Rowlinson.

My name is Patrick Judson, if that means anything to anybody.

• 2 months later...

I cannot recall that name,what era are you in.

While I have seen teachers names that I know I have yet to see any pupils names that are familiar.

While we are all getting old there must be some that went between 1952-1957.

I cannot recall that name,what era are you in.

While I have seen teachers names that I know I have yet to see any pupils names that are familiar.

While we are all getting old there must be some that went between 1952-1957.

my dad as a kid lived on Fraser Drive, Woodseats,he had a brother called david,and two sisters Jackie,and sharon.