Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

• 3 weeks later...

Went ,did go, done that ,been there ,left and forgotten moved on but reading this forum all the names just come flooding back ,however your experience was good mine was oppressive. and because of this, I learned more out of school than in.

Maybe I had some friends and many enemies the school was plagued by Mafia like Onebat who beat up kids for dinner Tokens with his US baseball bat ,may God and his ilk go to hell.ASKEM !USE TO CANE ME THANKS I needed that.

• 8 months later...

Hi Kentblade and Earsham,

I have just discovered this site. My name is Dave Maskery.

Pleased to learn that there are still one or two who joined the school even earlier than me! I went in 1954 and left after O Levels in 1959.

I well remember losing the girls about 1956 or 1957. We took the boys from Greystones, I think it was and our girls and theirs went to the newly-built St Ecgbert's.

Does anybody remember our trying to clear the playing fields of fragments of glass and other sharp items? Apparently, these were in the topsoil. Bill Otley (French and history) was one of the prime movers in trying to clear the land but the project eventually faded out. I don't think that the land was ever made safe for use.

Is there anybody who remembers me?

• 4 months later...