Nobel prize - cognitive bias

I've not heard of Kahneman, but I have heard about cognitive biases. I'd always assumed that it was the psychologist Aaron Beck who first explained the idea of cognitive biases (or limitations in our thinking).

Apparently Kahneman was awarded his nobel prize for his work in the field of Economics.

I can't reccommend the book as I haven't read it.

A bias of my own that stands out, is my uncanny ability to remember the bad things in life that have happened to me rather than the good things. I suspect this is due to the fact that I'm a 'glass half empty, than glass half full' person.

There was a Horizon programme about this earlier in the year http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03wyr3c

A bias of my own that stands out, is my uncanny ability to remember the bad things in life that have happened to me rather than the good things. I suspect this is due to the fact that I'm a 'glass half empty, than glass half full' person.

Not sure if our own biases, are cognitive; but I believe very much in nature.

I add meat to my dogs food because they are similar to wolves, our own diet should be the same as it was 500 years ago because I believe that our bodies cannot change in such a short time.

Not sure if our own biases, are cognitive; but I believe very much in nature.

I add meat to my dogs food because they are similar to wolves, our own diet should be the same as it was 500 years ago because I believe that our bodies cannot change in such a short time.

How is that related to the topic?

I'm not sure what it's all about, but isn't it something to do with attitude to risk taking with money ??

if anyone can sum it up in 2 or 3 sentences (is that possible?) it would be helpful.

I'm not sure what it's all about, but isn't it something to do with attitude to risk taking with money ??

if anyone can sum it up in 2 or 3 sentences (is that possible?) it would be helpful.

The way I read it is irrationality versus rationality as a base.

How is that related to the topic?

The way I read it is irrationality versus rationality as a base.

I havnt read the book yet; but surely no one means to be irrational. Its about inbuilt things that we have learnt that stop us from being rational?

I believe in climate change, because that is what the experts say, despite some wealthy people trying to muddy the waters.

Some that are not aware of the facts can come to a different conclusion, but so can knowledgable people.

I havnt read the book yet; but surely no one means to be irrational. Its about inbuilt things that we have learnt that stop us from being rational?

I believe in climate change, because that is what the experts say, despite some wealthy people trying to muddy the waters.

Some that are not aware of the facts can come to a different conclusion, but so can knowledgable people.

Cognitive bias doesn't need them to be unaware of the facts to come a different conclusion, two people can read the same information yet come to an entirely different conclusion.

Archived