Buying Lucky Bags as a youngster.

Any one remember buying lucky bags from the sweet shop? In some cases you were lucky if you found any thing in them. I used to buy them from Bottomley's, on the corner of Spital Street and Thistle Street, or some times from Handcocks or Marshals on my way to Pye Bank school. If I remember right they cost about 3d in old money.

Yes. That was the amazing thing. We knew they were rubbish but we kept buying them. Probably on the off chance that we would actually strike ' lucky'. Obviously a brilliant marketing ploy.

Utter rubbish weren't they, the cheapest of the cheap sweets inside and a tacky toy of some sorts. My mom always used to say " Don't buy a lucky bag " but guess what......................... !!!!!!!!!!!! :hihi:

Yes they should have called them "Unlucky Bags" :rolleyes:

I can't remember what was in them except it was more bag than lucky. I remember flying saucers, I hated them.

"Flying saucers," they bring back some memories, full of Sherbert if I remember right.

I remember the lucky bags bit of a waste of money really but they were ok at the time I cant remember what was in them I think there was a small lolly and a bit od sherbet to dip the lolly in, there may have been a little toy nothing great but still bought them not bad for 3 old pence

Archived