Cancer fundraiser Stephen Sutton dies

Sad news but what an achievement by him in raising so much.

He was briefly allowed out of hospital a few weeks and received abuse from certain people accusing him of faking it. I'd hope those people would be suitable ashamed, but I won't hold my breath.

What this kid did for the fight against cancer is nothing but remarkable, to achieve this whilst being ill is worthy of posthumous recognition in my opinion.

Yes I put this on the over sensitive thread, such a tragedy at 19 may he find eternal peace

Pete

He was briefly allowed out of hospital a few weeks and received abuse from certain people accusing him of faking it. I'd hope those people would be suitable ashamed, but I won't hold my breath.

I heard on the radio that he was trolled on Facebook, with people saying horrid things to him, wanting their money back.

Stephen is an inspiration to the rest of us.

I strongly hope that he will inspire people to help others more often. That would be a great legacy. He acheived great things in a short time, and his family, whilst no doubt heartbroken, must be so proud of him.

I hope all the Facebook trolls who doubted him, never need the use of the services of the funds raised by this amazing inspirational man.

So sorry to hear this, such an inspirational young man and also to our young friend Ethan who died last week aged 10 and was also raising money for others in the shape of a house for families to stay in to be near their children having treatment in Nottingham hospital. It was a pleasure to have known you Ethan from all your friends in Laughterton :love:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ethan-Maull-Up-Yours-To-Cancer-Foundation/576338365722850

Archived