Has Farage been telling us porkies? Surely not..

Avoiding my question by posting a link to a very obvious anti-immigration collective, well done.

Admitting to my point whilst wrapping it up in a pro-UKIP slant.

Avoiding the point as usual.

Avoiding the question as per usual.

Avoiding the point as usual.

No wonder you two are UKIP supporters, you can twist and turn around the arguments with the best of them (Farage).

You are the expert at twisting words to suit your aims. :suspect:

I just watched the interview with McVey. She said something on the lines of 'numbers haven't increased like Farage said' to which Robinson said, 'but they can come over if they want'. Which she just said 'yes'.

These countries in question aren't in any civil wars, or massive instability at the moment. What if a civil war breaks out in one?

Civil war! That's a good one! Quick! Ring Nigel he can add to his list of stupid answers !

But 29 MILLION are not coming,you said that yourself,so the flood gates are open for nothing,and if they are closed that won't change anything if there was never a flood coming.

It would be a national disaster if they did and for now there is nothing at all stopping them from coming.

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 06:53 ----------

The parties have all made their positions clear,what it means for you is that you vote yes to leaving the EU when the referendum comes,that is the one and only answer to your problem about parties adressing concerns.Positions are not going to change before the next General Election.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 22:16 ----------

That's how UKIP operates,by fearmongering,there was no other reason to mention the 29MILLION,no other party fearmongered like that.

And if all MEP's are UKIP you will be able to spite them by voting yes to leaving.

That is indeed still a generalising manner. How many are there as a percentage of all EU immigrants. Tell me, or do you simply not understand what generalising is?

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 07:22 ----------

You are the expert at twisting words to suit your aims. :suspect:

High praise from the master indeed, especially as it is in a veiled attempt to avoid the questions. :D

It would be a national disaster if they did and for now there is nothing at all stopping them from coming.

It would also be a national disaster if the entire population of Manchester moved to Birmingham. But it won't happen so there's no point worrying about it unless you enjoy being a deluded fool.

You were the one looking forward to the figures being released today,and hoping that no spin would be put on them,we now have the figures that are available,aren't they suitable enough for you?

Yes, I was looking forward to figures telling us how many came from the countries. But we didn't get that did we? We got a smoke screen... and you accuse UKIP of being disingenuous with numbers!

They didn't provide us with an entry count either because there wasn't one or they don't want us to know. What we got instead was a number for those in work, which has dropped. Now, is that a good or a bad thing? I don't know do you? Can you work out from that figure how many entered the country in the first 3 months of this year? How many went home? How many are on benefits instead of working? How many are receiving in-work benefits? How many are being supported by social services instead of receiving direct welfare payments? How many are working on the black market and not paying any tax? How many are here making a living thieving? How many are making a positive financial contribution?

Why don't they simply tell us the facts if people are wrong about immigration? There can be only two reasons. The facts will either prove people are right to be concerned or they don't actually have the facts. Either way it actually proves immigration is out of control.

It would also be a national disaster if the entire population of Manchester moved to Birmingham. But it won't happen so there's no point worrying about it unless you enjoy being a deluded fool.

I agree, that's probably why no one is worried about it.

Yes, I was looking forward to figures telling us how many came from the countries. But we didn't get that did we? We got a smoke screen... and you accuse UKIP of being disingenuous with numbers!

They didn't provide us with an entry count either because there wasn't one or they don't want us to know. What we got instead was a number for those in work, which has dropped. Now, is that a good or a bad thing? I don't know do you? Can you work out from that figure how many entered the country in the first 3 months of this year? How many went home? How many are on benefits instead of working? How many are receiving in-work benefits? How many are being supported by social services instead of receiving direct welfare payments? How many are working on the black market and not paying any tax? How many are here making a living thieving? How many are making a positive financial contribution?

Why don't they simply tell us the facts if people are wrong about immigration? There can be only two reasons. The facts will either prove people are right to be concerned or they don't actually have the facts. Either way it actually proves immigration is out of control.

They haven't got the facts because, again, this country's information control systems are pathetic. You could call it being out of control, but is that a reason to just shut up shop or is it a reason to finally sort out those systems?

The thing with statistics is you can twist them to suit your argument.

I recall on a previous thread someone mentioned that immigrants contribute £1.50 for every £1 they cost.

What exactly does that mean?

Does it take into account additional housing, schooling, health care requirements?

Does it take into account their cost when they're old and relying on a pension?

Does it take into those things that can't be priced but have a value to us all.....Loss of green belt land for more housing?

Does it take into account potential future insurance costs due to flooding, as more properties are built on flood plains because of the increase in population?

Could the £1.50 per immigrant be turned into £2.50 per immigrant if we were more selective about those we let in?

It's easy to throw numbers out there, but it's what's behind those numbers and the impact in other areas that really counts.

As the saying goes - There's lies, damn lies and statistics.

Regards

Doom

That is indeed still a generalising manner. How many are there as a percentage of all EU immigrants. Tell me, or do you simply not understand what generalising is?

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 07:22 ----------

High praise from the master indeed, especially as it is in a veiled attempt to avoid the questions. :D

I like to give praise when its deserved. :)

Archived