Has Farage been telling us porkies? Surely not..

Funny though how you have rattled on about what you perceive as a UKIP distortion of the facts but are happy to repeat distorted facts when it suits your position i.e. the lie that the data released yesterday shows there are 4,000 less Romanian and Bulgarians here than last year.

Well,Farage was using the same set of figures released to claim that the government can't control its borders because the figures showed a rise in immigrant workers,so if it's good enough for Farage,it's good enough for me.....or is the Bulgarian and Rumanian figure somehow disconnected from the other nationalities to show something completely different.

Funny though how you have rattled on about what you perceive as a UKIP distortion of the facts but are happy to repeat distorted facts when it suits your position i.e. the lie that the data released yesterday shows there are 4,000 less Romanian and Bulgarians here than last year.

Did I hear correctly that they're UP 29,000 from this time last year?

No toys out of the pram from UKIP or its' support because only the terminally dim would interpret the poster headline as a claim that 29 million migrants were on their way!

Yep,that is where Farage was hoping the fearmongering would get him more votes and support.

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 13:35 ----------

You might have,but this,apparently,tells us nothing.

And when they arrive in the UK,this is what they have to do to be classed as a worker:

To show they are undertaking genuine and effective work in the UK an EEA migrant will have to show that for the last 3 months they have been earning at the level at which employees start paying National Insurance. This is £150 a week – equivalent to working 24 hours a week at National Minimum Wage. An EEA migrant who has some earnings but doesn’t satisfy the minimum earnings threshold, will be assessed against a broader range of criteria to decide whether they should still be considered as a worker, or self-employed.

We were talking about right of entry not access to welfare. There are some restrictions to access to welfare but they remain weak, temporary and easy to navigate.

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 14:38 ----------

I've not seen any figure... where did you hear that?

We were talking about right of entry not access to welfare. There are some restrictions to access to welfare but they remain weak, temporary and easy to navigate.

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 14:38 ----------

http://www.ukip.org/huge_increase_of_292_000_foreign_workers_in_past_year

Regards

Doom

They are what the government has decided,so if you are not satisfied,vote out the government,the right of entry is fundamental to the EU under the freedom of movement law that the EU has,so if you don't like that,vote out of the EU...........they are your options,good luck.

I heard it on the news but a quick Google came up with this:

The Office for National Statistics said there were 140,000 migrants from Romania and Bulgaria working in Britain in January, February and March. That was down 4,000 from the end of 2013, but a 29,000 rise from a year earlier.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10832220/Bulgarian-and-Romanian-migrants-down-after-open-door-as-Tories-admit-missing-target-for-net-migration.html

I heard it on the news but a quick Google came up with this:

The Office for National Statistics said there were 140,000 migrants from Romania and Bulgaria working in Britain in January, February and March. That was down 4,000 from the end of 2013, but a 29,000 rise from a year earlier.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10832220/Bulgarian-and-Romanian-migrants-down-after-open-door-as-Tories-admit-missing-target-for-net-migration.html

It's meaningless though...........you ask Zamo:D

Bottom line is we are a small island which is now full IMHO.

Only UKip want to limit the numbers coming here. So it's UKip for me. I have signed up for their Email, next thing might be £30 to become a full member.

Angel1.

Archived