Has Farage been telling us porkies? Surely not..

Yep,like I keep saying................FEARMONGERING.

But the public were aroused and concerned about immigration well before UKIP published the poster, so how is it fearmongering when the people voting UKIP were already concerned about it.

But the public were aroused and concerned about immigration well before UKIP published the poster, so how is it fearmongering when the people voting UKIP were already concerned about it.

There were plenty of sensible and balanced articles in the media from politicians all over Europe,journalists of all political views,newspapers that warned against the rhetoric that sensible members of the public read and took note of......not from UKIP,they stoked the fears,day by day month by month...........today,the UKIP chickens came home to roost on the 29MILLION.

To be fair there certainly was what you could call a tidal wave of Polish people in 2004(after left wing cocks said there wouldn't be) so it was a reasonable assumption that there would be similar numbers of Romanians, which, thus far, thankfully there hasn't been. Though the numbers are up 20-odd thousand from this time last year.

I think it says a lot about immigration these days when we say only 100-odd thousand came! that's a lot. Up until about fifteen years ago the average was around 30 thousand a year. 150 thousand + a year is now the norm. Shocking.

Do you know how many left? The government doesn't? Employment is going up, immigration is going up, probably, and guess what, the economy is growing.

Your wages, assuming you work, are going to go up, unlike those of people in countries where the economy crashed. I know it is 'big picture' to see those links, but they exist and are tangible.

Problem is, Farage will start to lose credibility if he keeps coming up with telephone numbers on the subject of immigration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/13/ukip-sanya-jeet-thandi-racism-nigel-farage_n_5316718.html

The problem with simple statistics is that you can put whatever spin you like on them to suit your agenda:

New figures out today from the Office of National Statistics showing a huge rise in the number of foreign workers by 292,000 in one year demonstrate that Conservative-Lib Dem immigration policy has been an “abject failure”, according to UKIP Leader Nigel Farage.

An extra 292,000 foreign workers represents a 7% rise in just one year, including 168,000 more EU workers. Of this number, 115,000 of the increase came from "A8 countries" including Poland.

Figures out today show that the number of Romanian and Bulgarians working in the UK has increased by a quarter in just twelve months, now topping 140,000, up 29,000 in the past year. These figures do not include the dependents of foreign workers or those migrants not in work.

UKIP Leader Nigel Farage said: "These numbers represent another huge increase in the number of foreign workers coming into Britain. Far from controlling immigration, this government has shown it has absolutely no control over Britain's borders and no intention of putting the British people first.

"Having promised the British electorate that they would bring net immigration down to the tens of thousands, the government has instead overseen another massive increase in those coming to Britain.

"Only UKIP will leave the EU and restore proper borders that mean we can have quality control and volume control when it comes to immigration, rather than the free-for-all that the Coalition have overseen following Labour's immigration failure."​

Vote UKIP to reduce these numbers :)

Regards

Doom

There were plenty of sensible and balanced articles in the media from politicians all over Europe,journalists of all political views,newspapers that warned against the rhetoric that sensible members of the public read and took note of......not from UKIP,they stoked the fears,day by day month by month...........today,the UKIP chickens came home to roost on the 29MILLION.

Sensible in your opinion, in my opinion the main three parties haven't said anything sensible about immigration, they have ignored the problem and tried to make light of the problem.

The problem with simple statistics is that you can put whatever spin you like on them to suit your agenda:

Vote UKIP to reduce these numbers :)

Regards

Doom

Reduce the numbers, hurt the economy, hurt your wallet.

Don't vote UKIP ;)

Do you know how many left? The government doesn't? Employment is going up, immigration is going up, probably, and guess what, the economy is growing.

Your wages, assuming you work, are going to go up, unlike those of people in countries where the economy crashed. I know it is 'big picture' to see those links, but they exist and are tangible.

And the cost of living is going up, energy prices going up, rents going up, house prices going up, green belt land shrinking, woodland shrinking, farm land shrinking, hospitals and schools struggling, roads congested. But at least the economy is growing, tell me how that makes everyone better off.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 18:45 ----------

Problem is, Farage will start to lose credibility if he keeps coming up with telephone numbers on the subject of immigration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/13/ukip-sanya-jeet-thandi-racism-nigel-farage_n_5316718.html

I don't think he will, I think support for UKIP will grow.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 18:46 ----------

Reduce the numbers, hurt the economy, hurt your wallet.

Don't vote UKIP ;)

It won't though and there are far more important things in life than money.

Sensible in your opinion, in my opinion the main three parties haven't said anything sensible about immigration, they have ignored the problem and tried to make light of the problem.

Vote out of the EU then when the referendum comes.

Archived