Has Farage been telling us porkies? Surely not..

Some actually try to do sums,not just add the numbers in 2 countries together and fearmonger that everyone will want to come to the UK.It's not UKIP bashing,it's UKIP statements being taken for what they are.....fearmongering.

Yes! They did balls that one up. I will grant you that.

All parties are the same. Spinning crap and lies.

No I do not think UKIP are scaremongering. Lets see what the figures are in a few years time.

Let's not actually...........let's take the figures into context of what we were told to expect...........a TIDAL WAVE,starting on 1/1/2014...............does a TIDAL WAVE hang around for a few years out at sea before suddenly deciding to arrive on shore?.............no,it hits with force,as soon as possible...........the UKIP and other right wing fearmongering about the TIDAL WAVE has been totally discredited....TODAY.

There aren't 29 million people living in Bulgaria and Romania combined, all with the right to come here?

What is the figure then?

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 20:30 ----------

No it doesn't.

Regards

Doom

According to this,

Bulgaria,

Bulgaria ended 2012 with a population of 7,284,552 people, which represents a decrease of 42,672 people compared to 2011.

Romania,

Romania ended 2012 with a population of 20,020,074 people, which represents a decrease of 75,922 people compared to 2011.

http://countryeconomy.com/demography/population/bulgaria

http://countryeconomy.com/demography/population/romania

Some actually try to do sums,not just add the numbers in 2 countries together and fearmonger that everyone will want to come to the UK.It's not UKIP bashing,it's UKIP statements being taken for what they are.....fearmongering.

I am really starting to get the feeling that you won't be voting UKIP.

Let's have a link to the 26MILLION who said they are coming to the UK to take YOUR job then.

Nobody has said all 26 million are coming to take my job.

I read the poster and took it to mean there are 26 million people in the EU looking for work and they're all within their rights to come here and take jobs, including mine.

If we didn't have open borders with the EU they couldn't just come here looking for jobs.

The poster did exactly what adverts are supposed to do.

I've never actually believed drinking beer makes me cool and attractive to the opposite sex. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

According to this,

Bulgaria,

Bulgaria ended 2012 with a population of 7,284,552 people, which represents a decrease of 42,672 people compared to 2011.

Romania,

Romania ended 2012 with a population of 20,020,074 people, which represents a decrease of 75,922 people compared to 2011.

http://countryeconomy.com/demography/population/bulgaria

http://countryeconomy.com/demography/population/romania

The problem with those figures is that they only tell you the numbers of people living in each country, and Forage didn't say they were all still living in Bulgaria and Romania, he just said 29,000,000 Romanians and Bulgarians would have an entitlement to move to the UK.;)

Nobody has said all 26 million are coming to take my job.

I read the poster and took it to mean there are 26 million people in the EU looking for work and they're all within their rights to come here and take jobs, including mine.

Correct,that is how UKIP works.............fearmongering

DEFINITION: The action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue:

Now take that definition and put it with UKIP statements........fits like a glove.

Alternatively they're making people aware of the facts.

I guess it depends on which side of the fence you're sitting. :)

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 21:07 ----------

The problem with those figures is that they only tell you the numbers of people living in each country, and Forage didn't say they were all still living in Bulgaria and Romania, he just said 29,000,000 Romanians and Bulgarians would have an entitlement to move to the UK.;)

The question was brought up on Question Time a few months ago and someone pointed out to Farage that the combined population was actually 28 million.

As quick as a flash he responded - 'That's probably because 1 million of them are already on their way to other European countries'. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

DEFINITION: The action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue:

Now take that definition and put it with UKIP statements........fits like a glove.

But they haven't aroused public fear or alarm.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 21:10 ----------

The question was brought up on Question Time a few months ago and someone pointed out to Farage that the combined population was actually 28 million.

As quick as a flash he responded - 'That's probably because 1 million of them are already on their way to other European countries'. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Thats what I like about him, he's spontaneous and straight to the point, he doesn't skirt round the questions like many other politicians.

Archived