Governor says there is NO take over of his school

99%!! and that doesnt worry you ?

If it worries you why don't you move into the area and send your kids there to even out the distribution? There's no prohibition on non Asians attending this school.

im 45 as long as i can remember darnall has been largely asian, although there was a lot of white people in my early days, and less so but still some later on.

pitsmoor as long as i can remember (mid 80s anyway) was always a mix of blacks and asians, with some whites.

then when i moved to woodhouse aged 11 it was almost all white with the exception of a couple of black families i remmeber NO asians (bar the chinese chippy and reserants in the village.

thats my observation

Hi Mel. I remember when all Sheffield was white.

If it worries you why don't you move into the area and send your kids there to even out the distribution? There's no prohibition on non Asians attending this school.

Would you move into the area and send your children into a school where they would be a considerable minority ,better still if your children are old enough ask them if they would want to be in that situation.Seems to me further proof that certain factions ,other than the white population,do not want to ,whats the word thats bandied around a lot ?..oh yes integrate ,they would sooner set their own town within a town up.

---------- Post added 18-07-2014 at 10:43 ----------

Stop it with the logic, BF.

You'll cause an explosion.

Logic or a considerable chip ?

and it all came from one UNVERIFIED letter?

We don't have a policy of segregating pupils in the classroom," he said.

And Mr Alam denied claims there had been assemblies with speakers sympathetic to Al-Qaeda.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two anonymous members of staff at Park View School told BBC Radio 4 that school assemblies had praised Anwar al-Awlaki, the former head of Al-Qaeda. Draft Report: DClarke said there was a "sustained and coordinated agenda to impose upon children in a number of Birmingham schools the segregationist attitudes and practices of a hardline and politicised strain of Sunni Islam". In the past, Mr.Alam said Muslim women and girls have an 'obligation' to cover their bodies after denying claims he made schoolchildren wear headscarves.

Edited by longleyman

Education Secretary Michael Gove defended the right of schools to promote their values........I wonder if Government policy is at fault. I came across this report in the New York Times and the Ofsted guidelines surprised me.

"Private schools, outside the state system, should be free “to teach creationism” and other types of religious teachings, the government has ruled, because of “the right of parents to bring up their children as they see fit.” Ofsted guidelines published earlier this year permit Muslim schools to segregate pupils by sex, “restrict” the teaching of music and art and allow girls to wear the hijab “as a part of their identity and a commitment to their beliefs within Islam.” (In light of the Birmingham events, Ofsted appears to be reconsidering its advice, but no new guidelines have yet been issued.)"