Dentist advice please.

Is that a common thing? Why do they do that?

It only take a few minutes to check your teeth every 6 months, and they must get paid. But when you go every 6 years, a lot of work, and not a big payment for the dentist.

It only take a few minutes to check your teeth every 6 months, and they must get paid. But when you go every 6 years, a lot of work, and not a big payment for the dentist.

I think the maximum charge for a band of treatment is £219 - Not much money like you say.

I think the maximum charge for a band of treatment is £219 - Not much money like you say.

Cheap at half the price, at least its cheaper than my vet charges ;)

What are you comparing it with?

Okay, but I don't see how it is taking a 'spot'?

Surely, all you're taking up, is presumably a single record in a database on a computer somewhere? If you're not making any appointments, I don't see how you're occupying the time of the dentist, such that you prevent his other patients from being seen.

These people have a business to run, no doubt they sent you reminders in those six years, they only get paid when you show up, so each time they remind you they incur a small loss.

Each time you make an appointment and not show up, they make a considerable loss.

I don't know the circumstances of your case, but I do know no shows are very common and I dont blame dentists for trying to prevent this by keeping their records clean.

Archived