Is it just me ?

Hi I'm new to this but just want to ask is it just me or if you found that a local magistrate was personally supporting and giving documented support via our court systems in their pursuit of harrassment to others would you question this residing magistrates integrity ?

The magistrate is letting a person bring a civil case against another party giving his personnel address as a contact for the court system. But in another civil case with a different dependent giving a letter of support and signing as a Jp ? I feel I'm banging my head against a brick wall and would love someone else's view :(

If it is believed that a court is not following procedure, a complaint needs to be made to the court manager in the first instance. Failure to resolve the issue via the court manager (following a “final decision letter” from such manager), an option exists to make a complaint via the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. In this instance, such a complaint must be sent via an MP for referral to the parliamentary ombudsman.

There has already been concerns about the magistrates conduct and the person they support has convictions and the person being subject to multiple unsubstantiated claims has to defend theses oh and some of the cases being heard in his own court :(

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 22:23 ----------

Thank you Mart for your help :)

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 22:29 ----------

Andyofborg....its very complex very difficult not to give to much away but as if one person can harrass because of who they know :( but I welcome any response that can give a different view :)

I know seems a little mad a magistrate indeed deals with crime...maybe what I'm saying is not coming across right so my question is Do you think it is suitable for a magistrate to support a person in their pursuit of harrassment of different people both in two civil cases and in criminal cases some of the cases being held in the same building he resides as a magistrate...both offering documented support used in evidence and the use of his home address for documents to be sent to which contains personnel information in someone's defence for a claim ?

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 23:18 ----------

The claimant is a personnel friend of the magistrate

I know seems a little mad a magistrate indeed deals with crime...maybe what I'm saying is not coming across right so my question is Do you think it is suitable for a magistrate to support a person in their pursuit of harrassment of different people both in two civil cases and in criminal cases some of the cases being held in the same building he resides as a magistrate...both offering documented support used in evidence and the use of his home address for documents to be sent to which contains personnel information in someone's defence for a claim ?

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 23:18 ----------

The claimant is a personnel friend of the magistrate

Magistrates, district judges, circuit judges- they're all people, all of whom have friends. If that friend needs support, then their personal duties surely override their professional duties, as long as the two don't mix.

My friends have brought claims against people before. I'm just not allowed to get involved, but it doesn't mean my firm can't represent them.

As long as the magistrate isn't involved in the actual case in a professional capacity, I see no conflict.

Archived