The White Horse, wadsley bridge

Im looking into the posibility of re-opening the white horse and would be grateful of your views and opinions of what sort of entertainment should be provided there.

Un like the WHITE HORSE of old, it would be opening (Possibly), as a more up market pub than it used to be............... no drugs, no kids, no hoods. and with door staff to ensure this was the case.

let me know your idea's so i can approach the brewery.

Eric_The_Man

Formerly of the White Bear, Ecco

Un like the WHITE HORSE of old, it would be opening (Possibly), as a more up market pub than it used to be............... no drugs, no kids, no hoods. and with door staff to ensure this was the case.

Wrong area for that kind of pub then..

As i said before though, i need your ideas as to the entertainment we provide.

but i must state............. strictly NO speed garage.

i was thinking more of :

70's 80's motown, RnB, Reggie, etc

Now let me know what YOU want

Eric

i was thinking more of :

Eric

Stick it out eric if you go with the oldies tunes and "Stick with it" despite the punters arguments it will be a better long term result,

Have been involved with other venues were it has been ace then new bodies have moved in to take over relaxed the music rules and within two weeks all the bottle of lager lasts me all night undesirables are back in, and the draught beer drinking middle aged crowd are gone away again.

Throw in an 80s night with lots of cheese on a thursday, perhaps some sort of reggae and rock night on a sunday in a pub worth its salt Friday and Saturdays should look after it self

i was thinking more of :

Eric

Eric, you know what I want :thumbsup:

Eric,

I live almost bang opposite from the White Horse and think that your plan to reopen the pub would make a excellent addition to the area.

I would like to see something along the lines of the Red Lion a bit further up the road or an bit more upmarket version of the Travellers.

I think that if you offered good quality food at lunch and in the evening then the word would soon get around and having decent car parking facilities on a main road, i'm sure it would prove popular. The Pheasant on Trafalgar Rd/Fox Hill Rd has been doing this for a while and it seems pretty successfull and the White Horse in my opinion is in a much better location.

I like the idea of the rock night also a quiz night would be good.

Although personally I never had much trouble from the old White Horse besides a bit of drunken singing on a Friday/Saturday night the twenty something what yer lookin' at, Kappa tracksuit brigade that used to hang around the entrances was really offputting for many potential visitors to the pub and I guess that why the old landlord got fed up. Sort this out and give the place one hell of a spring clean and you could be on to a winner.

Archived