The White Horse, wadsley bridge

We've already talked about this. You'd do well with the football. You need entertainment that the undesirables wouldn't want. You need to show from the start that you mean business and won't tolerate idiots (although you'll still get them). I can sort you out some live bands if you wanted to go down that route and of course the rock music of old and new. The front is big enough to get the bikers over (as long as the front is floodlit and the bikes are gonna be safe - I'm sure they would anyway) and you need to cater for passing trade in the form of food at lunchtime and in the early evenings. It's also worth considering putting comedy afternoons on - watching Billy Connolly videos and the like, for the afternoon drinkers to watch. Keep me in the loop.

Buffy x

Cheers so far to everyone that has posted a reply on here.

Classic Rock, wouldnt i need some sort of license to broadcast/show vids of comedy in the pub. wouldnt i need permission from the artist or company to do this first. but good idea.

EVERYONE, keep the ideas coming forward. the more the better.

Eric_The_Man

• 2 weeks later...

get back to basics,thats what people want,a propper good old fashioned pub,that serves good ale and grub,then you will get the right people back..................all the best eric,you can do it..........cheers

Classic Rock, wouldnt i need some sort of license to broadcast/show vids of comedy in the pub. wouldnt i need permission from the artist or company to do this first. but good idea.

It's all covered by your PRS licence. You tell them the sort of entertainment you're putting on and they slap a bill together accordingly.

It's just like playing pre recorded music and paying the royalties. PRS cover all that. Though God knows where the money really goes that you pay them.....

• 2 months later...
I think it'd be great if you served good home cooked food. Try to be a more family orientated pub. You'd probably keep all the scrubbers out then.

It's a ming house, always has been always will be.

Does not matter what ideas you have it's in PARSON CROSS for crying out loud.

Archived