Why is Sheffield Forum so active?

Alexa.com states the reason why this forum is so active is because the majority of it's users don't work and therefore have time on their hands. As for the content, Alexa states that most users of the forum didn't go to University. Does it all make sense now?

I'm a diamond in the rough.

As has been said, lots of forums fall by the wayside. The most important factor in the success of a forum is the administration and moderation. In the past I have used forums for information and some are so badly moderated that they are not worth visiting because the members are rude and nasty and are allowed to get away with it. Also threads get messed up when the mods allow them to go entirely off topic.

People on here sometimes complain about aspects of moderation but it is a hard job because the forum is so busy, hence they need quite a few mods and helpers, all of whom might have slightly different ideas. Perhaps they need to work extra hard at teamwork. It is not an easy job but the success of Sheffield Forum would seem to indicate that they are mostly getting it right.

Alexa.com states the reason why this forum is so active is because the majority of it's users don't work and therefore have time on their hands. As for the content, Alexa states that most users of the forum didn't go to University. Does it all make sense now?

I'm a diamond in the rough.

Who are alexa.com and how did they gather this information?

And some traitors who have left the Steel City but still think they should have an opinion about it.

You dont have a Sheffield postcode?

Then you have no opinion!!! :D

Your not a Muslim, yet you have an opinion?!?!

Your not a Muslim, yet you have an opinion?!?!

Lol :cool:

That surprises me as well.

I know the people who run Sheffield Forum have started a Leeds Forum, but the last time I checked it was nothing like as active as this one.

How long has Sheffield Forum been running and how long did it take to build up a solid following of regular users?

The best thing about this Forum is the information you can quickly pick up about so many different things, whether that be a new restaurants, an incident in the city or who to use if your boiler has conked out. We even get the police posting on here because they know there's such a big following.

Regards

Doom

I think Manchester also has a forum which is similar in design to this Forum. It isn't nearly as popular though :cool:

Archived